𝟑𝟗: 𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝

The ballroom in Nott Manor is filled with wealthy men, women and children all here for one reason and one reason only. To see the start of a new life between Violet Blishen and Thomas Nott. The two wealthiest families in the wizarding world are combining tonight, and not one person wants to miss this show.

Nothing this exciting and emotional has happened since the day Harry Potter and Ginny Potter had their first child. That was eighteen years ago.

After almost two decades finally something to celebrate. The only daughter of the Minister of Magic and the only son of an Auror who was a former death eater, no one would have guessed it.

In the middle of the room are organized pairs, waltzing their way across the dance floor. But on opposite sides of the room like enemies, are the pair of the night – Thomas and Violet. Violet is being pushed back against the wall by Hermione Granger-Weasley who is drunkenly giving advice to Violet.

All the way across the room is Thomas, a glass of champagne in his hand as he stretches out his neck to see Violet. Ron Weasleys voice is muffled while Thomas' attention moves away from the boring conversation of floor tiles and home renovations.

Thomas can see how bored and terrified Violet is. And even though he knows he's the last person she wants to see, he can't stand by bored out of his mind while she's bored too.

"E-excuse me –" he stutters as his hand grips Ron's shoulders to push past him. "– sorry."

He walks away – leaving Ron with his mouth full of words – and squeezes through the dancers on the floor as he makes his way to Violet. He chugs his champagne before setting it on one of the high tables behind Hermione.

As he inches closer, Violets eyes move from the wavy-haired woman to the brunette making his way to her in rescue. She tries to contain the smile that's itching to show on her lips but she can't help it when he puts his hand around her waist and starts to pull her away from this awkward situation.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Weasley but I need to have a moment with her." Thomas bows his head and whirls Violets body around, walking away from Hermione. He turns to whisper in her ear as they walk further away. "You looked like you could use some help."

Violet pushes his hand off her waist and she smiles as they lean against an empty table. "Thank you for that." she reaches for champagne off a waiters tray and brings it up to her lips. "She was talking to me about children and motherhood. Merlin forbid that's my future. Vomit."

Thomas forces a smile on his face as he drinks from his flask but he wants to ask why she doesn't want children. Then again, is that really a question when she clearly doesn't want him? So, he imagines she would die before having his children.

"Yeah." he chuckles quietly and shakes his head. "Children are not in the books for me either."

"Wow look at us –" Violet raises her glass, laughing at the situation. "– were finally on the same page about something."

"Look. At. Us."

The pair exchange glances before things begin to get awkward between them. A few moves to the right from Violet and she's no longer by his side but walking away from the table to find anyone else to talk to.

Someone interesting at least.

As she's walking away, Violet turns back to look at Thomas who's still standing at the table. But just a second of distraction causes her to collide against something hard and she's thrown back.

Her body is caught mid-air, a strong hand held against her bare back and her hair fallen back as she stays leaned back. Violet gasps for air and her eyes open, meeting a pair of blue eyes with long lashes over them.