𝟒𝟎: 𝐃𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞...

Several weeks later...

VIOLET

-

I always dreamed of fairytales. Being the center of attention at my wedding with the man of my dreams and constantly crying because I couldn't be any happier.

Guess the one thing stories forgot to leave out... you don't get your happy ending.

Instead, – if you're like me – you get arranged to a marriage and the person you love leaves and is no where to be found. And now after everything, I'm sitting in a robe, letting dozens of people attack my hair and face to prepare me for a day I'm not excited for.

There's a glass of whiskey in my left hand. Some wouldn't see this as a problem but it's six in the morning and the sun isn't even fully out. How much of a problem is it now?

"No, no. Her cheeks need to be a bit rosier." Cressida snatches the brush out of my make up ladies hand and starts brushing my cheeks. "There's a reason the dress isn't white, because it clashes with her complexion. You have to make her face stand out!"

"Don't yell at her Cress, she's doing her best."

"Well don't defend her." Cressida continues stroking my face roughly. "I paid her for perfection and perfection is what you should receive."

I furrow my eyebrows – in pain – because of how hard she's brushing my cheeks. But there's not much I can do to get Cressida to stop once she's obsessed on getting something perfect. In this case that something perfect is my face.

"Gosh when was the last time you slept a full eight hours?" she presses powder under my eyes. "You have eyebags that you can share with like a dozen other people."

"You try sleeping, knowing your disaster of a wedding is approaching." I bring the whiskey glass up to my lips and take a long sip. "And I couldn't care less about eyebags."

"Let's just hope my brother is getting ready too." she shakes her head in disbelief. "That idiot came home drunk last night."

-

THOMAS