𝟑𝟖: 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

Thomas turns to face her and he towers over her with his broad body. "Don't fucking lay hands on me like that again Blishen." His words cause her to step back afraid but he steps forward. "Get ready and fuck off."

"Y-you're scaring me, Thomas." Violet steps back once more, careful not to fall off the railings. "Don't talk to me that way."

"Just get ready." he enunciates each word angrily through his teeth.

Violet lets go of the breath she's been holding in as soon as Thomas turns to leave, running down the steps with heavy stomps. He doesn't turn back to her the entire way and even slams the door as he still runs down the steps to the gravel driveway.

Her eyes leave the closed doors and move to her hand that's gripping the railing so hard that her nails are bleeding all around.

She clears her throat as she walks down the stairs with her injured hand held against her chest. It scares her the closer she walks to the doors because it means her engagement is getting closer by the second. That terrifies her but not as much as the answer she has to give in front of everyone invited.

As Violet locks the giant doors behind her, she takes a small step back before apparating off the ground of Malfoy Manor.

Just seconds after apparating, her feet hit the ground inside her flat and immediately she sees Bridgette walking towards the door. She has a hand bag squished between her side and her arm while she puts on a pair of gold earrings.

Bridgette stops when she sees Violet and her hands fall flat to her sides. "Violet." her lips press together and she reaches out, pulling Violet into a tight embrace. "I thought you had left for the party already. How are you feeling?"

"Honestly." Violet rubs Bridgette's bare back where her dress swoops down. "I don't know what I feel at this point. This is all just overwhelming my emotions."

Violet feels Bridgette move her hands to Violet's shoulders and she grips them to push her back. She sighs and takes a look at her face. Her face which is swollen from all the crying she's been doing.

"It's always okay to run." Bridgette shrugs as her hands grip Violet's shoulders.

"I bought a home." Violet replies, throwing her head back when she hears the words out loud. "What if Draco comes back and I'm not here?"

"Oh, mon Dieu Violet. Tell me you're not still waiting for that man?"

Violet steps to the side and wipes her tears with the sleeve of her sweater. Her movement makes Bridgette turn to look at Violet who's now making her way to the hall of the bedrooms.

"I uh- I have to start getting dressed." Violet hugs her torso and drops her head, not wanting to admit it to anyone how she is waiting for Draco. "I'll see you at the party then?"

Bridgette gives her a nod back before walking towards the living room door, leaving Violet all alone in her flat. Leaving Violet to herself for the last minutes she has of freedom before her life is signed off to a boy she doesn't love.

How is she supposed to prepare for an engagement when her life is in shambles? When the only stable thing she had ended this morning, the morning of this set up engagement that she'd terrified of.

Violet stands at the edge of her queen-sized bed with her eyes glued onto a gold, ballroom style, dress with sheer sleeves that are covered in diamonds.

Of course, Pansy Parkinson would purchase something like this.

A tired sigh escapes Violet's lips as she walks to the bathroom while taking her clothes off, leaving a trail behind her. She locks the bathroom door behind her but the green jumper hanging on the back of the door stops her from turning away.