Six

Kaelyn

We made it back to Miami about thirty minutes ago. The kids were asleep when we got here, so I had to carry them to the car. After buckling Brooklyn in her seat, I got in the driver's seat and drove to my house. Again, I had to carry them in not wanting to wake them. Reluctantly , I had to wake up Seattle so that she could walk upstairs and sleep in the girls' guest room. I went in Brooklyn's room and put her in her bed. I, obviously sleepily, walked to my room. I didn't even consider closing my door knowing that in a few hours, Brooklyn would be coming to my room. Just as I was about to turn off my phone, I️ got a text from an unknown number.

404-123-4567

Hey ma. It's August

Kaelyn

Hey Aug

August

Wyd

Kaelyn

Laying down

August

You gonna let me lay with you

Kaelyn

um , good luck with that one

He tried it.

August

Nah but otc you cute

Kaelyn

So I've been told

August

Where my baby

Kaelyn

how would I know

August

you raising her why wouldn't you

Kaelyn

Oh you meant MY baby? she's sleeping

August

wanna face time

Kaelyn

sure

I stayed in my bed, not feeling like getting up to get cute. I answered in the third ring. "Hey , Ma'." he said flashing a smile. His smile is so sexy! Damn , can this get any better?

"Hello." I giggled. I felt my cheeks turning red so I put my head down. Oh my goodness. Bless his DNA! "Why'd you wanna FaceTime?" I asked anticipating whether or not to fall asleep on him.

"I just wanted to hear your voice, Ma'." he said doing something on his laptop.

"Okay." I yawned standing my phone up on my night stand.

"You sleepy?" he asked chuckling a bit. I nodded getting comfortable in my bed.

"Gon' 'head and go to sleep but don't hang up." he told me.

"Okay." I shrugged going to sleep.

August is cute. I like him, maybe, just a little but I don't want to get hurt again so I'm going to take it slow. He began singing me to sleep and I opened my eyes. His voice was so soothing and sexy. I closed my eyes back as he continued on singing. I eventually feel asleep dreaming about us. This could be the start of something new.

August

I like Kaelyn. She's not like other girls that I've met. She's different. Once I realized she was finally sleep, I laid down in my bed and whispered 'good night' to her. Obviously, she heard me because she whispered it back. All I could do was think of her. She looks really young, too. It's obvious that she's a single mother in college, working hard for them dollars. Her daughter looks like her a little. Kaelyn is really short , like maybe 5'3.

-

Kaelyn

I woke up this morning to August's soft snores and I smiled to myself. After sitting in bed for about five minutes , I got up to check on the girls. Seattle was up watching TV and playing on the iPad in the guest room. Brook was still sleeping. I honestly hated having to go back and forth checking on them. I went back to where Seattle was, and told her to get Brook and come downstairs.