Twenty - Three

Kaelyn

"You're free to go." the doctor assured with a smile after I signed the release papers. Brooklyn fell too hard when she was running and she hit her head. She was in a slight coma for a couple days, but the doctors ran some test now we can leave. Just us. Keyara came to get Seattle a couple days ago. I carried Brooklyn out to the car. I really wish I could've at least been with August so he could've been there, but everything can't go my way.

"Brook, you hungry?" I asked her pulling out of the parking spot I was in. She just nodded. Weird.

"What do you want?" She shrugged. Weirder.

"What's wrong?" I asked riding to Chick-fil-A. She just shook her head. What the fuck ?

"Yes it is." I said stopping at a red light.

"Mommy, when I was sleep I had a dream." she started. Finally , shit.

"Okay." I said confused , driving again.

"There was a man there. He said he knew me and you and everybody else." What is she talking about ?

"He said that he was trying to protect you and now he's gone. And he said that he misses you very much." Kaleb. She's talking about Kaleb and I know it.

"He wants you to know that he'll always be here by your side." Sounds like him , alright.

"That's all?" I asked curiously as I parked into Chick-fil-A. She nodded and we got out. I held her hand walking across the street and we went inside. I stood in line looking at the menu.

"Mommy, I want chicken nuggets." she told me. I nodded.

"Kaelyn Ahmed." I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around with a confused expression.

"Jeremy!" I screamed hugging him. Everybody stopped and looked at us.

"What the fuck yall looking at ?" Jeremy said. Hasn't changed a bit. They all turned around some scoffing and rolling their eyes.

"I missed you, boo." I said to him.

"I miss your ass too. Last time I saw you , you was pregnant looking like a penguin now you look like a damn model or some shit." He said and we laughed.

"Well, I had to leave New York." I sighed.

"No sad vibes. Who is this?" he asked referring to Brooklyn.

"This is my daughter, Brooklyn."

"Omg, this child is gorgeous. She is slayful, baby. Yes!" he exclaimed.

"Brook, say thank you." I told her.

"Thank you." she said softly.

"What brought you to Miami?" I asked moving up in the line.

"Vacation. Just me and Zander. "

"Who's Zander?" I twisted my face.

"A friend of mine." he clarified. I nodded.

"You should consider moving out here." I said.

"I am. I like it out here." he said.

"Can I have the number 1 and a chicken nugget kids meal? For the drinks , Sprite and lemonade. To go." I ordered.

"$13.45." the cashier said. I paid her and move to the side and waited for my food.

"You already ate ?" I asked Jeremy. He nodded. "So what's New York been like ?"

"Same ol' , same ol'." he shrugged.

"I wanna go back so bad , but I have to do what's best for my child. " I said.

"Yea, can't have mini me around all that shit." he said.

"Order 345." the people said and I grabbed our food bag and thanked her.

"Girl, I'm coming with your ass leave Zander here." Jeremy said and I laughed. "I'm gonna tell him I'm going with you. " he said running off. When he came back we went to the car. Brooklyn got in her seat and Jeremy and I got in the front.

"I been seeing you on TMZ with August Alsina." Jeremy smirked. Awe , shit.