Thirty-Four

Kaelyn

I'm finally back home from New York. They decided on shooting here in Miami next week. We just landed so we're just going to the family house. We caught an Uber to take us home. It's nine o'clock in the morning, so I know they're now awake. I slept on the plane so I'm not that tired, although the flight was only two and a half hours.

We payed the Uber and got out. Once he drove away, we got the spare key from its hidden spot and unlocked the doors then put it back. Once we walked in, we immediately smelled biscuits and heard loud kids.

"Who's that at the door, Seattle?" my mom yelled. All the kids came running around the corner.

"She said me!" Seattle exclaimed.

"Mommy!" Brooklyn yelled running towards me, I dropped my bags and picked her up swinging her around. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, babe." I said kissing all over her face sending her into a fit of laughter. Seattle quickly hugged Keyara. Jamal was probably still sleeping somewhere. We walked into the living room to see Barbie dolls everywhere.

"Finally, you're back. Now control them." my mother hugged us causing us to laugh.

"Where's daddy?" I asked.

"Sleeping."

"How could someone possibly sleep through all of this?" I mumbled. After putting Brooklyn back down, I went back to get my bags taking them into my room. After halfway unpacking, I got tired and went into the living room. I plopped down on the the couch laying on top of the pillows. The girls were playing with the Barbie dolls so I took the remote and began channel surfing.

"Seat-" my mom began before glaring at me. "Kaelyn, if you don't get your big self off of my couch like that." she scolded popping me with the spoon in her hand.

"Dang, mom." I laughed. "You better not put that back in the pot, either."

"Kaelyn, voy a grito en el culo si seguir jugando conmigo." she said.

"Sí, pues te maldiciendo a mí delante de estos niños." I said playfully.

"I'll say it in English too." she challenged putting her hand on her hip. I just laughed at her. My mom is funny to me. This reminded me of when I was younger and my sisters and I would do this to my mom. My brother didn't know the language so he would always complain about his confusion and we would just laugh. I miss him. Kaleb, the one who passed away.

He was great. He was more than just my brother, we grew up like best friends. I wish we could trade places.

"Kaelyn." Keyara's high pitched voice yelled.

"What?" I said mocking her voice.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah." I lied.

"What did I say then?" she said pursing her lips together.

"I don't know." I said nonchalantly.

"August called. He heard about the video with Chris and he didn't sound too happy." she said. A deep sigh came from between my lips. I knew this would happen.