Eight

Kaelyn

Aug and I had gotten closer over the past week. We just landed in Atlanta. I had to bring Seattle and Jamal because Keyara, obviously, isn't back yet. I've tried calling her and so did Seattle, but she never answers. I really love my sister, but this can't keep happening. These kids are basically mine. To Jamal, it's whatever, but to Seattle, it hurts. Every little girl wants their mom around to be able to talk to. Some times, I feel like I care more about these kids than Keyara. I'm basically all that they really have left. They don't have a good relationship with their grandma on my side, nor their dad's and their mom is just out of control. Anyway, I talked to August before I took off and before we landed. He said he was here waiting with the girls. I walked around, trying to find August as well as a store to get snacks. I walked into a store and told Seattle to take Brooklyn and Jamal to get something. I went to go get a Snapple and some chips. When I turned around, I saw August standing at the register. I walked over to the kids and we got in line behind Aug.

"Where my baby Kae at?" he said grabbing their bags off of the counter.

"I don't know, maybe you should turn around." I said with a smile.

"Hey, baby. Hey kids. " he said hugging me and waving at the kids.

"Hi." Seattle greeted shyly. Good thing he had a good disguise. Being that she didn't know him, Brooklyn grabbed onto my leg.

"Hey, baby. " he said bending down to her height.

"Hi." she said shyly. He stuck hand out for her to shake.

"Hi girls." I greeted them. They waved.

"Im Chaylin and Im 8." the oldest said. "This is Kayden and Amaiya. "

"I'm August." he greeted her as she accepted his hand shake.

"Like June, July, August?" Brooklyn asked him laughing.

"Yes." Aug told her laughing.

"Aug, can you take her? I gotta pay for this stuff." I asked him referring to Brooklyn.

He stood up straight. "Nah, baby I got it."

"August, no. You don't have to do that. Just take her and let me pay, please." I whined putting the stuff on the counter for the lady to scan.

The cashier scanned our items "That'll be $5.49." August paid the lady.

"August, I told you not to do that." I said sternly.

He just shrugged as if he didn't care.

"Can we go now?" shaking my head with a smile.

"Let's go." he laughed and we got our bags.