Twenty - One

Kaelyn

Brooklyn's party is going great so far. The gift table is probably about to snap in half. Jocelyn, Dani, and Kemisha showed up. Kemisha is also an old friend of mine. I haven't heard from nor seen August, but Chandra and the girls are here and it's only two hours left of the party. There's jump houses, trampolines, water slides, face painting, shit it's probably the whole damn carnival here. I walked over to Chandra doing face paint.

"Have you seen August?" I asked her.

"No , not since I left the hotel." she said dipping the brush into the paint. I nodded and went to go find Brooklyn. She was at the jump house with her friends.

"Hey, Brooklyn. C'mon, it's time to cut the cake and open presents." I whispered in her ear and her face lit up. She grabbed my hand and we went to the food table where my Mom was bringing the cake to.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for coming out and supporting Brooklyn on her second birthday. We're going to sing happy birthday on three. One , two , three. Happy birthday to you. " I said inside the mic. Everyone began singing along in unison. When we finished we clapped and Brooklyn blew out her candles. I cut the cake and passed it out to the kids.

"While you all eat your cake , Brooklyn's gonna open her gifts." I said and handed Brooklyn a bag from the table. She opened it and it had a bunch of Barbie's and clothes. "Who is this from?" I asked looking for a name. "This is from Emily. Say thank you Emily."

"Thank you, Emily." Brook mocked. We went through a series of presents until I got tired of seeing a bunch of dolls. "Alright, guys. That's all the presents we're opening for no--"

"No, it's not." I heard a voice yell from a distance. I couldn't really see over all these people, but then I saw T making his way through the crowd.

"Hey, T." I smiled.

"Hey, Uncle T." Brooklyn giggled.

"Hey, Brooklyn. Hey, Kae. Can yall come up front real quick?" he said and we followed him out. Brooklyn ran out in front of T and I. She screamed and I immediately ran out to see why she was screaming. There stood August with a custom toy Ferrari. What two year old has a fucking Ferrari? It was pink and the license plate said 'Brook'.

"Daddy, thank you so much!" Brooklyn yelled to August. "Mommy, can you go get Naomi so she can ride with me?"

"After the party is over." I said and she nodded.

"The rest of the gifts in the car." August said to me. He walked to me and hugged me. I didn't want to embarrass him since he had people behind us screaming his name, so I hugged back.

"I'm upset with you, August."

August

Damn , I hope the girls didn't tell her about Bri.

"I ain't do shit, I swear." Lies.

"I know you didn't because you been ignoring my calls for weeks now." she whispered.

"I was working on my music." Another lie.

She nodded slowly in a 'yeah , okay' type of way and walked away. Everybody followed her in, but some people stayed behind for pictures and autographs. Once I finished with that, T walked up me shaking his head. I walked over to Chandra getting Naomi. This little girl really means the world to me. My nigga Chris in the same situation I'm in so it makes it easier for me because I can relate to someone.  I took her over to the cotton candy and got her bubble gum flavor and myself blue raspberry.

"Here baby." I said giving her a piece of mine because she kept reaching for it. I went to sit down and Kaelyn came over shortly after.

"August, what were you really doing ?"

"What you talking about, baby ?" I asked trying to act like I was confused.

"You know what I'm talking about." she straight faced me.

"I really don't. I told you I was working on my mu---" I started until my phone rung. Perfect timing. I didn't answer, but I cursed under my breath.

"Who the fuck is Bri, August ?" she whisper-yelled.

"Yo , chill all that cussing around my daughter."

"Who the fuck is Bri, August ?" she said through gritted teeth with an irritated smile.

"Man, she my sister. Calm all that." I complained.

"Why the fuck you got heart eyes and kiss face by her name then?" she knitted her eyebrows. I just rubbed my chin. I don't know what to say because I don't wanna make matters worse. Naomi whined for some more of the cotton candy.

"You can have it shit." I laughed giving her the whole stick of cotton candy watching her stuff it in her mouth.

"And tell Bri she can have your dickhead ass." Kaelyn said walking away. I shook my head as she walked over to Chandra. Chandra peeped a look at me and shook her head. Damn, I fucked up.

Keyara

"I told you, you rushed into it too fast. Yall didn't even have time to really get to know each other. Yall met and he immediately had your number. The next week yall were dating. Matter of fact, yall just met not to long ago and Brooklyn already calling him 'Daddy'." Kastyn scolded her.

"If you call him Daddy, I know he getting in the panties." I sang twerking in my seat.

"I swear you ghetto as fuck." Kaitlyn laughed.

"Not the time nor place. " Kyleigh said.

"Fuck him. We need to go out. He just ruined your whole damn day." Kemisha said. "He a weak ass bitch." she smiled. "My whole entire look on August Alsina just changed."

"I agree with MiMi." I said.

"I don't feel like it." Kaelyn whined.

"Bitch, I know good and well you not letting this nigga get you down." Kemisha and I said simultaneously. Kaelyn shrugged.

"I will literally drag your ass." we said and everyone laughed but we were dead serious.

"Okay , okay. " she gave in and we cheered.