Twenty - Eight

Kaelyn

"Maybe you didn't follow the steps right." I said to Kaitlyn.

"I know this looks disgusting." my brother Kareem said.

"Um , guys , Keyara missed her flight. " my dad said.

"What do you mean she missed her flight ? Like she's not down here at all ?" I asked.

"She said she's trying to find another flight."

"I thought you were the responsible one Key." Kastyn said.

"Yea." we all said.

"Alright call us when you get another one , if you do." my dad said ending the call.

This whole week has been weird without Keyara and spending Christmas without her and her kids would be worse. I mean it's Brooke , and my other sisters , and my other nieces and nephews but it's not the same. I was minding my own business when Kas decided she wanted to come bother me.

"Kastyn , move." I said as she constantly poked my leg. "Move , bro." I said starting to move around. I walked over to Landon , Kyleigh's son , I started playing around with him.

"Brooklyn , you hungry ?" I asked her making her run into the kitchen. She nodded and I fixed her plate then mine.

"Im gonna eat five breads so I can get thick." I said causing my sisters to laugh. Soon , the table started to fill up.

"Keyara." Kareem yelled. I looked up and saw the kids walking in. I ran to her and jumped on her back. So did Kareem.

"Kaelyn , don't break her back." my daddy said.

"Keyara , I thought I was gonna have to spend it without you. Now where's my stuff." I said as she picked me up.

"I forgot it." She gasped.

"You forgot it ? I told you to bring it last night and you said you packed it. You know what get off of me." I said trying to push off of her.

"No." she said throwing me over her shoulder.

"Let's not get rowdy now , Keyara." I said causing everyone to laugh. Eventually she put me down and I walked over the Jamal and Seattle hugging them tightly. Especially Seattle.

"Oh , Keyara , that's Chase." Kas introduced them and Keyara waved.

"You have such a beautiful family." Chase told my dad.

"Thank you, thank you." my dad said.

A lot of people think having a kid is holding me back from doing a lot of things normal people my age do , but it's not. My life is perfect to me.

August

We decided not to fly out to Houston just because it's so many of us. Instead, my mom offered to come to Atlanta. We all went to Cha house. I've been texting Kaelyn all night and she only reads them. It's pretty packed in here , but I mean it's our family. Everybody's Christmas gifts are under Chandra's giant Christmas tree. I was sitting with a sleeping Naomi in my arms when Tima walked in with Callie and Trav.

"Wassup , nigga." Trav said dapping me up from my seat.

"Hey , Aug." Tima said hugging me and passing me Callie.

"Hey." I hugged her back and took callie.

"Hey , Callie. Hey , mama." I said in my baby voice. She started laughing showing her dimples.

"Aug , tell your fans to stop coming to my job." Tima complained.

"How they know whe'a you work at ?" I laughed.

"Hell , if I knew." she stated walking towards the kitchen.