Seventeen

Im changing my writing format to the correct way. I will be making some changes , more like corrections so the next update will come late due to that . Thank you for your support ♥

August

"I guess this is goodbye, huh?" I said lowly, but loud enough for Kae to hear. I stood in the doorway as I watched her pack the last of her things.

"Babe, don't say that. " she said wrapping her arms around my torso and laying down on my stomach because she couldn't reach my chest.

"Ma, you know it's true." I said rubbing her back.

"But you promised me you'd visit. We pinky promised, remember?" she said looking in my eyes. Her eyes glistened as if she was about to start crying. I hate when she was like this.

"I'm sorry, ma. I'm sorry." I sighed. I started to feel warm, wetness on my shirt. I looked down at her as she cried her heart out. Why us, God? Why us?

I got too absorbed in thinking of ways to get Kaelyn to smile that I didn't hear the door.

"That must be Chandra." Kae said wiping her tears. Damn, I don't wanna let go.

"Yeah." I said grabbing her bags to load into Chandra's car.

"The kids are in the car , already. " Chandra told me. I just nodded and she brought Kae into a tight hug.

"Daddy, why you don't come with us?" Brooklyn asked me getting out the car. I sighed.

"Baby, Daddy and Naomi have to stay here because Daddy gotta handle some stuff out here so you, Naomi, and your Mommy can be happy. " I said bending down to her height.

"But I wan' you to come. " she said poking her lip out.

"Toota, don't cry. I'll come see you soon." I said hugging her. Kae walked outside fake smiling.

"Tomorrow?" Brook asked me with a huge smile. How do you explain this to a child?

"No, but I'll be there for your birthday." I told her.

"No, Daddy. Come with us now." she said on the verge of throwing a fit.

"Brooklyn, that's enough." Kae said in a strict tone. "Get in the car." Brook got in the car and pouted.

"I love you, baby. " I said pulling her into a hug.

"Stop saying that before I cry." she whined. I closed my eyes and kissed her forehead. She brings out the soft side in me.

"Baby, don't forget what I said." I said in all seriousness.

"Aug, you know that's how I get my money. " she said to me.

"Kae, you know I got you." I said to her.

"Okay, August." she exaggerated sighing. I could tell she wasn't really up for an argument.

"Kae, we gotta go or you'll miss your flight." Chandra told us. I held onto her tightly for the last time. She got in the car trying to fight her tears. I got Naomi out of the car.

"Bye, Uncle August." Seattle and Jamal said in unison.

"Bye, kids. Be good out there." I told them and they nodded. "Brookie?" I said because she didn't answer. She just laid Seattle's lap. She's mad at me.

"I love y'all." I sighed and walked into the house. Its only temporary, August. 

Kaelyn

Its only temporary, Kaelyn. We literally just pulled off and I'm already missing him. He'll be back in two weeks for Brooklyn's birthday. He texted me just now.

You left something. Ima meet y'all at the airport.

Kae ❤️

No. Keep it.

Nah, I think you gonna want this.

I just said okay and looked out the windows. Cha was tryna find a parking spot. Chaylin, Amaiya, Kayden, and Naomi went with Aug so we could get out easier. If I could, I'd stay here in Atlanta. We parked and got our things. We weren't supposed to be here this long so we had went shopping for more outfits. Except that week Aug and I were in Miami. The only thing I miss about Miami is my family and the beach.

"Auntie Kae, when are we coming back to Auntie Chandra?" Seattle asked me as we entered the airport.

"I️ don't know, baby girl." I sighed. We entered the airport and it was crowded. "Brooklyn, stay with me so you don't get lost." I told her because she was dragging behind with her luggage.

"Mommy, this is too heavy." she whined. Seattle took it for her since it wasn't that heavy and she grabbed Jamal's free hand.

"Jamal, you and Brook need to stay by me or Chandra." I told them because they tend to wander around.

"Daddy!" Brooklyn yelled letting go of Jamal and running through the crowd indicating that she saw August. I tried to run after her, but the bags held me back. I saw that she was in August's arms and sighed deeply of relief.

"Thank you for getting her. I thought somebody would try to take her." I said to August dropping my bags.

"Hey, Seattle. Come over here with us." Chay said. Seattle went over and they began to talk amongst themselves.

"Aye, y'all go over there with Chay n'em." he said putting Naomi and Brooklyn down. Brook grabbed Naomi's hand and they walked together.

"I'ma give y'all space." Chandra told us walking away.

"Yea, do that, Barney." August said referring to her now purple hair.

"Shut the hell up, giraffe. " she responded referring to how tall he was. I just giggled them.

"Now, what did I forget that is so special?" I asked out of curiosity.

"This," he began as he slid the ring on my finger, " letting all them niggas know you belong to August Anthony Alsina, and this. " he said as he kissed me. We were getting into this kiss.

"Um, can we keep this G rated? " Chandra asked causing Aug to shoot her a death glare. I just laughed like usual.

"Call me when you land." August demanded since our flight was about to take off. I nodded.

"Flight from Atlanta, Georgia to Miami, Florida is now boarding." the voice said.

"I guess that's us. C'mon yall." I said then hugged Chandra. The kids hugged each other, then Chandra then August.

"Bye, Naomi." Brooklyn said then kissed her forehead. Awe , that's so cute.

"Gon' before you miss your flight." Aug said. We walked to the gate and took our seats because our luggage was already on the thing. Bye , Atlanta. Hello , Miami.