Twenty - Seven

August

I was planning on flying out to Houston with the girls , but my mama trying to fly out here. The girls want to go to Miami , but they want me to come along. I'm kind of nervous to see Kaelyn. Cha said I should stop being stubborn and call her. I've tried more than once , but it goes to voicemail everytime. I'll try again later because Bri here now.

"Aug , are you even listening to me ?" Bri said waving her hand in front of my face.

"Uh , yea baybeh." I said running my hand over my face.

"Then , what did I just say ?" she said standing up in front of me.

"I really don't kno'. Pro'lly som'n 'bout ya'self." I honestly said earning a loud , obnoxious groan from her.

"Bri , I ain' try'na be funny or rude bu' ya' need to go." I said sighing. This whole time my mind been on Kaelyn. I really do need to call her.

"Why ?" she said rolling her eyes. "So that li'l hoe can try to come replace me ?"

"She not a hoe and you try'na replace ha'. She already got ha' permanent spot." I bluntly , yet truthfully stated. She groaned and grabbed her stuff walking out the front door. I sat with my head in my hands trying to figure out how to talk to Kaelyn. I wanted to spend Christmas with my baby.

Kaelyn

My family is staying at the family house this week just so we can be together for Christmas. August has tried to call me millions of times , but I never answer. I don't want to talk to him and if I do what will I say ? There's nothing left to be said. Besides , I have other things to worry about. My sister's and I are having a party after Christmas. We're calling it #AhmadJesty. It's basically a party to promote us and get our name out more. Keyara went to Houston because she's going to college soon and she wanted to view the campus. She took the kids because they need to get used to the environment. It's Christmas Eve and she's still not back yet she was supposed to be here yesterday.

"Daddy , where's Keyara ?" I said walking to my dad.

"I don't know. Why don't you call her ?" he asked.

"Or we can wait until she calls us." I smiled. "Yea , I think I like that idea better." I said patting my father's bald head and walking into the kitchen.

"Kaelyn , can you help us ?" my mom asked mixing the cornbread.

"I'd rather not." I said. Kastyn smacked her lips at me. "I'm just kidding gosh. What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know. Make yourself productive." she said. How you going to ask me to help then tell me to find something to do? The house phone started ringing and Kyleigh answered.

"Hey , granny." she said.

My granny , my dad's mom , is a nice lady. And she makes everybody laugh.

"Granny , we gonna get that spades popping when you get here ?" Kastyn asked.

"Oh , heck yea." she yelled.

"With the Pepsi and cigarettes ?"

"No I want , um , what yall call it ? Mosquito ?"

"Granny , it's moscato." we laughed.

They talked for a long time while I was watching August blow my phone up with messages. Then they hung up and Kastyn and my dad started arguing about Kastyn getting another tattoo. I put my phone down and decided to bake a cake just to get him off of my mind.

"I don't want no Pepsi , I want moscato." my granny said causing us all to laugh.