Chapter Six

Greetings again. The picture on the side is of Levi, Sage's elder brother. You will meet him in this chapter. What I haven't written in the chapter is that he's a senior, like James. Just to clarify, James, Levi and Aria (who you'll also meet) are all seniors. Sage and Alessia are juniors. ANYWAYS. Levi is played by the same guy, who, coincidentally plays Christa B Allen's brother Revenge, Josh Bowman. I admit, I'm too lazy to actually look for a guy to play Levi... and Josh Bowman, or Daniel Grayson, as he's named in Revenge, is so... smexy? ;)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Alessia walked into the cafeteria at lunch, she was ambushed by Sage.

“So?” Sage asked, calmly walking beside, and not backwards, in front of Alessia, for once. “How was Little Alessia's first shift?”

Little Alessia?” Alessia repeated, eyebrows raised. “Sage, is something wrong?”

“Nope,” Sage chirped, suddenly turning around and walking backwards with respect to Alessia. “I'd just like to emphasize the fact that I shifted ages before you. You know, despite the fact that you're, what?, a full nine months older than me?” Sage smirked at Alessia.

Alessia rolled her eyes. She knew Sage would end up walking backwards. As for the fact that Sage was emphasizing the fact that Sage had shifted before Alessia, Alessia had known that was coming too.

Crispin had said he'd protect her, Alessia's wolf murmured. Alessia squashed that still small voice of her wolf, and scowled.

“Now, that face, is not because I just teased you. I know you well enough to know that,” Sage stated loudly, standing in front of Alessia, who'd unconsciously stopped walking.

“Just... thinking,” Alessia said evasively. She glared at air next to Sage's ear. “Come on, I'm hungry.”

The rest of the lunch was the same, as was the school day. As the final bell rang, Alessia gathered her things together and headed outside to walk home. Sage, who had their last class with her, grabbed her arm.

“Alessia, where are you going?” she asked. A wicked grin appeared on Sage's face. “You forgot we had training didn't you?”

“Training?” Alessia repeated, confusion clouding her face for a moment. “Oh. That.” Alessia glanced at Sage.

Sage laughed, “You did completely forget! Don't worry. Crispin already arranged for you to ride with us to the pack house. Come on.”

Sage grabbed Alessia's hand and dragged Alessia to her brother's car, where Sage's older brother, Levi, his mate, Aria, and James, Sage's mate, were waiting for them.

“Hey, Alessia,” Levi said, smirking at how Sage had dragged her here. His mate, ever the silent one, waved quietly at her.

James immediately gathered Sage into his arms and held her for a few moments.

Sage turned around in James' arms so she was facing forward. She stared at the group for a moment, thinking. Now that they weren't even, they'd have to be careful not to exclude Alessia. Technically, since Alessia was Crispin's foster daughter, she'd get the front seat, but Aria usually sat there, with Levi driving. Sage pondered for another moment and decided.

“Okay. Levi's driving and James is taking shotgun. Aria can sit in the back with Alessia and I. Sound good?” Sage said, giving her older brother a glare, warning him not to argue.

Levi shrugged. He pulled his mate to the other side of the car, kissed her thoroughly, and then buckled her into the back seat. Sage and Alessia climbed into the back seat, noting Aria's still slightly red face.