Final Update - An Extended FYI

Hi, everyone,

Thank you so much for loving and appreciating my story for the past 3 years (wow!). When I first started writing it, the relationship between Crispin and Alessia seemed absolutely perfect - like an actual dream-come-true. A guy waiting five years for the girl of his dreams to realize how much he means to her? Basically perfect.

Last year, I had my first ever break up - with a boy that had so thoroughly distracted me from my story - we'll call him Stanley. After begging me to stay friends with him, pushing/tricking me back into a relationship with him, and threatening suicide after the second time I ended everything again, Stanley messaged me, "All I wanted was to be your Crispin."

It took me a moment to place that reference. And the moment I did, I was filled with horror. Since I had stopped writing 2 years ago, I hadn't been on Wattpad except for the occasional guilty read and I had never mentioned this story to him, or any form of me writing at all. Of all the websites he knew me on, I had never used the alias Klymene. And with horror, I realized that Stanley had gone above and beyond basic internet stalking and had thoroughly Googled my name, the alias he did know and had somehow found, and read my innocent Wattpad story.

The irony of it all is that Stanley was like Crispin in the most basic of ways - he was five years older than me. But the difference was, while Crispin was responsible and trustworthy, Stanley was constantly late and never provided an explanation beyond blaming me for waiting for him. Arguments with him were always about semantics - one time, he said the reason he hadn't followed through with our agreement to leave by 10 was because I hasn't asked him to promise.

I would love nothing more than to finish this story and tell you all how Crispin finally gets Alessia but Alessia has so much freaking baggage (and not just the emotional kind!) that it's unreal and they work through the impossible together and live happily ever after, plus the sequel I was planning about her sister. 

But I can't start writing about Crispin and Alessia without feeling sick. Knowing that Stanley had read this story and took it as some sort of sick indication that we were meant to be together and as validation that he should wait for me makes my stomach queasy and my head hurt. 

I won't be writing about Crispin and Alessia ever again. If you message me, I'll definitely answer any questions you had, but there will not be another chapter to this story.

And, if you're reading this, Stanley, there will be no next chapter to our relationship.