Chapter Twelve

Hey guys! I'm currently at a camp, so my next update could range anytime from next week to next month. Sorry to keep y'all waiting but it's not exactly in my power to arrange my own time. I'm a counselor, so I have a job. :/ Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

                Sage offered to let Alessia spend the night, but Alessia decided to go back home anyways. She had things to take care of, and besides, the look of relief on Sage’s face and her glance towards the window weren’t that hard to figure out. With a hug and a kiss on the cheek from her best friend, Alessia headed back home.

                Naturally, the walk seemed longer on the way back. Alessia couldn’t help but wring her hands in anxiety as she approached the house. Was Crispin still up? Would he be mad and angry or would he ask for her forgiveness? Would he forgive her for being just so plain… stupid?

                She opened the door as quietly as she could – there was no point in waking him up if it wasn’t necessary – although now that she thought about it, there was no way he wouldn’t hear her coming in with his super epic werewolf hearing.

                As she had half expected, he was on the couch waiting for her to come home. As the other half of her had expected, he was sleeping. His sleeping face looked as bothered as she had felt on the way over. She took off her shoes and knelt beside his head.

                Almost instinctively, her hand moved to smooth out the frown wrinkles on his darling face. She hesitated for a moment, and then, gently, smoothed them out. His entire face relaxed at her touch and she smiled.

                Crispin really was beautiful when he slept. That tiny smile on his face, the way his head just lolled around. It was so endearing. Alessia giggled quietly and lay down on the floor facing him. She just wanted to watch him sleep for a bit. But not in a creepy Twilight way, she assured herself. Just, you know, in an altogether, non-creepy way.

                After a while, her eyes drifted shut and her breathing slowed. Her hand dropped from Crispin’s face and settled under her head. Without a sound, she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crispin woke up at exactly seven every morning, if he didn’t wake up earlier. This morning was no different. The moment the clock struck seven (figuratively, there was no sound involved in this) his eyes opened and he sat up. He sat up and stretched. The couch was not that comfortable, so why exactly had he slept on it?

When his foot landed on something soft as he stood up, the answer appeared under his feet.

“Alessia! Good god, what are you doing here?” he exclaimed, kneeling down next to her and pushing the hair away from her face.

She groaned and sat up, “Crispin?”

                Crispin helped her up, “Are you alright? Did I hurt you?”

                “Crispin, I gotta tell you something,” Alessia mumbled sleepily, grabbing his arm.

                “Can you stand up? Where did I step on you?” Crispin mothered.

                “Crispin I have to tell you something,” Alessia said, a bit more awake.

                “Maybe I should just carry you…” Crispin mused, “But where – “

                Alessia huffed. He was such a fool. She pushed herself up on her hands and kissed him on his mouth.

                For a moment, Crispin was confused. Logically, this could only be Alessia because, well, because she was seriously turning him on. But, also logically, this couldn’t possibly be Alessia because the Alessia he had saw last night said that they weren’t mates. But, actually, she’d never said they weren’t mates and she’d also been so mad at him. Why would she be kissing him now? When did she appear anyways?

                Alessia pulled back and flicked his forehead. “I can feel you over thinking,” she smirked at him, and then frowned, “Wait, did I kiss you badly? Did I do it wrong?”

                Crispin smiled and pulled her close. “I imagine there’s very little you could ever do wrong.”

                This time, he pulled her in for a kiss and it was, for lack of a better word, magical.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                The following few hours were also magical and will simply not be included in any written story. Alessia blushed at the thought of anyone ever knowing what occurred, and then she blushed again when she remembered how he had touched her.

                As they lay side by side on the bed, with Crispin touching Alessia’s hair and Alessia laying her head on his chest, Crispin asked her, “Does this mean you accept me as your mate?”

                Alessia snorted, “And if I don’t? You can take your mark off me?”

                Crispin growled lowly, “I would never do that.”

                Alessia rolled her eyes, “My point.”

                Crispin sighed, “Can you please just say it?”

                “Say what?” Alessia teased, poking his side.

                “Say that you’re my mate.”

                “Your what?”

                Crispin turned her over and pinned her on the bed, so that she was on her back with him over her. “Don’t tease me, Alessia.”

                “Don’t tease me, Crispin,” she mimicked.

                “You are asking for it,” he warned.

                “You’re asking for it,” she mimicked again and failed, as her last word ended in a shriek. “Crispin, no, stop! Stop tickling me!”

                “Say it!” he growled, licking her mark. She gasped and he licked it again. “Say it, Lessi.”

                “I’m your mate, okay? Stop being a possessive freak,” she murmured, touching his hair. “I’ll always be yours, you fool.”

                Crispin smiled triumphantly, “I love you, little one.”

                Alessia looked away from him and he sighed, “I’ll wait for that too.”

Comment, vote and fan! I'm super close to 200 votes (which may seem measley to some of your wattpad pros) but please help me get up there! Oh and comment how many languages you guys can speak and which ones! I'm at Concordia Language Camps right now!