Chapter 2

I've decided to put a picture of Sage on the side, instead of Alessia. I want to make sure that when you see the pictures, it's relevant to the characters in the chapter. That way, when you hear from Sage in the chapter, you can imagine her bouncing around.

Edit (11/17/12): As of now, Christa B Allen will play Sage. It was Lily Collins for about a night, but now it's Christa B Allen. She plays Charlotte Grayson in the TV show, Revenge. I'm not a fan of the show, but my friend is and she made me watch it. I think she suits Sage much more than Lily Collins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crispin jerked off the couch and bolted up the stairs, stumbling along the way. It seemed as though the more urgent things were, the clumsier he was. After slipping at least three times on the single flight of stairs, and tripping twice on the nonexistent trip wire on the spotless carpet, he made it to Alessia's room.

"Lessi," he breathed, with a question in his voice, "Are you alright?"

But, as he opened the door, it be came painfully obvious she wasn't. The desk chair had been tipped over to one side, and Alessia had fallen in the opposite direction. It distantly occurred to Crispin that such a thing would have defied the laws of physics, but he had more important things on his mind.

"Crispin," Alessia said with a whimper, to the accompaniment  of the sound of a cracking bone, "Is it happening? Am I shifting?"

Crispin knelt on the ground and cradled her in his arms, causing his skin to ache and his wolf to howl with happiness. "Yes," he told her, "You're shifting. Don't worry, I'm here."

Alessia gasped as the pain intensified, and said with a small laugh, "You're touching me."

Crispin let out a breath of laughter. He bent his head and brushed his lips against her forhead. "Hush. You'll understand everything soon," he told her, "I promise."

The rest of Alessia's first shift occurred in almost silence, the only sounds being Alessia's whimpers, the cracking and popping of her bones and the comforting murmur of Crispin's voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Alessia opened her eyes, the world had changed. Or rather, she, Alessia, had changed, and quite drastically. The colors were more vibrant, and the smells more enticing. Especially one smell, Alessia thought, contemplatively. Lifting her head, she locked eyes with a large, off-white wolf with grey markings. Crispin.

The enticing, wonderful smell was coming from him. It wasn't surprising, Alessia noted, for Crispin had always smelled like home, a place where she was free to be herself. Alessia padded over to him and nudged him with her nose. She let out a curious yelp, and he snorted at her, gesturing towards... the ground?

Oh, right, Alessia remembered, the ceremony. Alessia lowered herself into a submissive position and Crispin licked the top of her head.

Lessi? said Crispin's voice in her head. Alessia's head snapped up, hitting Crispin's jaw. Oww...

Crispin! I shifted, I'm a wolf now. I'm official! Can you believe it? Alessia squealed through the mind link. She pranced around excitedly in her wolf form. It was so unlike her, but Alessia couldn't help it

I'm guessing you've shifted? sounded Sage's voice in Alessia's head.

Sage? I wasn't even talking to you, Alessia said, confused. She looked at Crispin questioningly.

Unless you block the others out, everyone can hear you, whether they be in wolf form or human, Crispin said, amusement tinting his voice.

Alessia yelped, So, everyone heard me?