Chapter Seven

Evan on the side, my darlings :D

Chapter Seven 

He touched her cheek with his fingertips. “Lessi. I love you.”

A shiver ran down her spine. Alessia didn't dare to move a muscle, but unconsciously, a small sigh escaped her lips.

“I don't think you understand, Alessia,”  the voice of Crispin whispered near her ear. “We are mates. And there is no avoiding it. Can't you feel it? Can't you feel the sparks flying as I touch you?”

I can, Alessia whispered to herself.

Crispin rested his palm against her cheek and he sighed. “I love you, Alessia,” he told her again. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips. His hand hesitantly left her cheek.

As he left, Alessia shouted in her mind for him to stay. When he was gone, darkness replaced the warmth that was Crispin.

Alessia awoke to the sensation of falling. Unfortunately, it wasn't an allusion. Alessia rolled off the bed by some unknown force and landed on the floor with a grunt.

“What on earth?” she muttered.

“Aly! You're awake!” Sage's annoyingly happy voice sounded in her ear. “Come on! You promised to go shopping with me today! I'll get you some coffee!”

“Gods, Sage,” Alessia groaned at Sage's retreating back as Sage left her room, “It's too early.”

“You have no idea what you're dealing with,” James' voice said lowly by Alessia's ear.

“Good God,” Alessia shrieked , sitting up and scrambling away. “When did you come in?”

James shrugged, “When Sage did. Better wake up now, before it gets worse.”

Alessia's eyes narrowed. “What did she do to you?”

James laughed humorlessly. “She aroused me. In more ways than one.”

“I did not want to know that. Get out,” Alessia groaned.

James laughed as he left the room.

About five minutes later, Alessia walked down stairs in her comfiest outfit: a pair of dark grey sweatpants, and, ironically, one of Crispin's old t-shirts. Crispin's old t-shirts had always smelled special to her. Besides, Alessia was still tired, and in her mind, she needed the little comfort the shirt provided.

“Alessi, you can't just wear that!” Sage cried as Alessia walked into the kitchen.

Crispin watched, amused, and his eyes darkened at the sight of Alessia in his shirt. He walked over to her and pulled her towards him around the waist.

“If you want to continue claiming we aren't mates, you probably shouldn't wear that shirt,” he whispered into her ear.

Alessia shivered and pulled away. “The fact that it happens to be your old shirt doesn't mean anything,” she stated firmly.

“Come on, Sage. Are we going or what?” Alessia said with a yawn. “If you make me change, I'm not going to go at all.”

Sage, who had been watching Alessia and Crispin converse, sprung up and grabbed James' hand. “Okay! Let's go. Now!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours later, Sage had bought three very full bags of clothing, and Alessia had bought one dress. It was a pretty thing, dark purple and unobtrusively sparkly. Alessia wasn't quite sure why she'd bought it, just that she had.