Chapter Three

Edit: as of 11/17/12

Dani ( my sister) told me that the picture I chose earlier doesn't fit Alessia. I happened to agree, but it was the best I could find. I found another, however. You can see her on the side. This is Lucy Hale, who plays someone in Pretty Little Liars. To my defense, I have never in my life watched the show. So..... If you've watched it, tell me if I should. Ginnifer Goodwin, who plays older Snow White in Once Upon a Time (the same character Bailee Madison, who plays young Alessia) was too old. Alessia's wolf is black, with a white blaze on the forehead. I'll post a picture eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a were's first shift, his/her scent grows stronger, as does her presence. It wasn't something that could possibly be explained in human logic, or even were-logic. It just was. For the week following Alessia's shift, it became painfully obvious the effects of her new shift. Somehow, she was more attractive in people's eyes. Nothing had changed about her except for her first shift (and the many shifts following that far from the human eye). She was the same height as before, her hair the same color, the clothes she wore were the same. Yet, both human and unmated were-boys were giving her second glances and checking her out. It was something that made her uncomfortable.

What's more was that Crispin had changed. When she touched other males, whether they be Were or human, he would utter a low growl. Even something as inconspicuous as a handshake made him scowl. Or rather, perhaps Alessia's perception of him had changed. Suddenly, the little growls and scowls left her feeling oddly pleased. But what bothered her most was that she was looking at Crispin more. Not just looking, but seeing. Before the shift, there were things that she'd noticed: his height, his dark hair, his often serious expression. Yet, now she noticed much more than the basics. His eyes positively sparkled  when he told a joke. He tried so much to protect others. He had this fierce protective glare where Alessia or any of the young wolves were concerned. And, he was lonely.

Alessia sighed and laid her head on the desk in front of her. All she wanted to do right now was shift, and go for a run. Wolves, she had learned, weren't concerned about such things. All they worried about was mates. On second thought, Alessia realized that she'd be just as stressed as a wolf, because she still hadn't found her mate. With a groan, she buried herself deeper into her arms on the desk and proceeded to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When she finally arrived back home, Alessia was feeling ready to tear her hair out, but she couldn't for the life of her figure out why. It felt as though this inherent annoyance was flooding her body and scratching at her insides.

Alessia? Are you alright? asked the voice of Crispin. You seem agitated.

I... I don't know, Alessia responded, hesitantly, I don't know why.

Sometimes, it helps to go on a run, Crispin suggested.

I've been on dozens in the past week. I think it would be best if I didn't, Alessia commented.

You can never run enough. Your wolf will always want to be free, Crispin paused as a thought occurred to him, Would you like to go for a run with me? I'm free tonight.

Alessia hesitated. A run with Crispin? Was that wise? Suddenly, Alessia questioned why she was even concerned. Crispin would never hurt her. With him, she was completely certain she was safe, and she'd always be safe. Sure, she finally replied, eliciting a sigh of relief from Crispin, I guess it'll be alright.

Great. I'm on my way home. Be ready in fifteen minutes, Crispin ordered. With that, he broke the mind link and Alessia's eyes cleared.

Alessia immediately threw on some sweats and a t-shirt, that would be easy to remove and carry once she shifted. With the remaining ten minutes, she curled up in front of the TV and watched the last bits of a Revenge episode, a show she'd never really gotten into. Her eyes soon drifted shut as she fell asleep.