Chapter 1

Change of plan. ;) Dean Geyer plays Crispin. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the age of seventeen, Alessia was on the brink of official werewolf adulthood. Or, rather, she'd been on the brink of adulthood for a whole year, she thought wryly. Crispin, the man she considered her father, but hated being referred to as that, had shifted at the age of sixteen. Hence why Alessia had expected to shift by then. Yet, she'd waited the whole year in anticipation, and nothing had occurred. Now, on her seventeenth birthday, she was almost weary of anticipation for her change.

Alessia shook her head. Time to get up, and live another day in anticipation, she thought, wryly. She hopped out of bed and changed quickly. Staring in the mirror, she debated on how to do her hair. Her hair, she'd long since decided, was her best asset. Waist-length, dark, thick and slightly wavy, it seemed untameable. Just like herself. Shrugging the annoying thoughts away, Alessia quickly braided her hair on the right side of her face as she bounded down the stairs.

"Good morning, Crispin," she said softly, with a nod to the tall, dark haired man looking over papers at the table.

"Good morning, Lessi. How are you? Happy Birthday," Crispin said smiling brightly at her.

Alessia moved further into the kitchen and began to prepare breakfast. "I'm doing well, thank you. How did the meeting go yesterday?"

"Fine. The rogues agreed to stay off our land," Crispin responded, casually.

"Rogues? Crispin, they were rogues?" Alessia asked, whirling around to face Crispin. She opened her mouth to admonish him, but stopped. "I'm glad you're okay," she whispered, moving closer to him. She reached out a hand to touch him, just as assurance he was okay.

Crispin froze in the middle of flipping a page and leaped out of the chair, clutching the wall behind him for support. "Crispin?"

"I told you," he bit out, "You can't touch me. Please, Alessia."

Alessia flinched, but nodded. It had always been this way. Even when she was little, he would never hold her hand, or hug her. The occasional ride in his arms when he thought she was sleeping and the accidental touches were always treated the same, with him springing away, as if she'd electrocuted him.

Crispin sighed. He'd spent seven years waiting for her to go through her first change, plus an extra year, because he'd had the bad luck of getting a mate that changed late. It tore at his insides, living with her every day, but not touching her. The longer he went without touching her, the harder it was. But even the slightest touch was pure heaven, and he feared that at one point, a touch might send him over the edge. He had sworn to wait until she was old enough, and he would wait.

"I'm sorry, Lessi," Crispin said slipping back into his seat, "You know how I am about touching. I am a germaphobe after all," he joked, slipping into the lie he kept to protect Alessia

Alessia forced a smile on her face and began to make breakfast. She cooked in silence, and then served the food. She sat across the table from Crispin, watching him.

Crispin felt the heat of her eyes on him and looked up. "So. First day of junior year, right?" he asked. Alessia nodded. "With some luck, you might actually change this year," he said with a smirk.

"It's not nice to tease," Alessia said with a frown, "I've been waiting for such a long time. There might actually be something wrong with me. I might not even be a wolf."

Crispin rolled his eyes, with a sigh. "Oh, you most certainly are a wolf." Because, he added silently, Alphas only mate with other wolves. He frowned at the thought of the fact that Alessia was his mate and they still hadn't mated. It couldn't be helped, but it still bothered him.