Chapter Eleven

Hey guys. I finally got back from vacation. Here's a new chapter! Thanks for waiting!

There aren't really any new characters this chapter, so no pictures.

Please tell me if there are any holes or typos in the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Eight Years Ago (When Crispin first found Alessia)

“Alpha,” a pack doctor greeted as Crispin entered the hospital, wet from the rain and carrying the limp form of a child.

Crispin’s eyes latched on to the doctor. “You,” Crispin ordered, “She is hurt,” he said, gesturing to the child in his arms.

A bed was rolled over to the child immediately, but Crispin couldn’t convince himself to let go of his mate. A whole list of horrible things could happen to her on the moving bed. She could fall off, get run over, break a bone, it was all possible.

Finally, a whimper from the child in his arms brought him to his senses. She was hurt, his mate was hurt, and he was not one of the people that could help.

He gently placed her on the bed. He took the doctor aside and, using his alpha voice, said, “This is your future Luna. Take care of her. No one is to know she is my mate. Yet.”

The doctor nodded, and followed the bed that was being rolled towards the emergency room.

Outside of the emergency room, Crispin waited and thought. The child, his mate, whose name he still didn’t know, couldn’t be more than ten… She still had her whole life ahead of her. She was his mate, there was no doubt of that. But, he laughed a little at this thought, he could hardly complete the mating with her right now. It would practically be rape, and she didn’t recognize the bond yet.

Yes, he decided. He would wait until she accepted him as his mate to actually mate with her. He would raise her until she shifted and realized just how much she truly meant to him. And then, they could finally spend happily ever after together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present Day

The growl Alessia let out upon encountering Crispin with another woman for the first time was laced with the power of an Alpha's mate and a shadow of another power unknown to Crispin. To his wolf, this new power felt as though it was beyond that of an Alpha's - not more than, he noted, but definitely different.

Nonetheless, the sound made him cringe. Like a child caught reading a novel with content far too inappropriate for his/her age, Cameron hurried to block Alessia's view of Victoria as much as possible.

"Hey, Lessi. I'm back," he said with a weak smile.

"Who the hell is she?" Alessia snarled, her eyes darkening. She attempted to side-step him, but he out-maneuvered her.

Crispin grasped her shoulders. "Calm down. She's someone from the pack I visited. She's here to be our ambassador of sorts."

"Why is she wearing your shirt?" Alessia pointed out.

"She didn't have anything else to wear. Alessia, please, it's not what it looks like," Crispin intoned nervously, gesturing for Victoria to leave. As much as she disgusted him, he did not want to get in trouble with her father.

Alessia growled furiously. "You're protecting her!" she shrieked.

"Alessia, you're out of control, calm down!" Crispin gave a frustrated sigh, "why do you even care so much? You don't even want me as your mate!"