Chapter Eight

So, hey there guys. :D You've successfully pestered me enough to get this story going again! Thanks for the votes... :) This chapter is dedicated to Entice_ 'cause she/he (probably she) reminded me I actually have a story I haven't finished yet.

So on the right we have the adorable Hailey McCann - who played the older Alba in The Time Traveller's Wife (Which by the way is an excellent book and an okay movie). She plays Adileh here. I imagine her hair a little more blonde - hair color is such a pest.

I'd also like you all to know that when I put pictures up, it's a picture of what I imagine the character looking like. So not all of the actor/actress's pictures will be what I imagine that character looking like. Just the one I put up

Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six months after meeting Crispin

When Alessia didn't turn up for after school class again, Crispin followed the one sided mate-link to where she was. He found her watching children play in a playground behind a daycare from behind the fence. She was hiding under a nearby tree, in such a way that no one would notice. In his wolf form, Crispin padded up to her and nudged her.

“Crispin?” her quiet voice asked. “I didn't mean to cause trouble.”

It's fine, he said, but he knew she couldn't hear him. He left for a bit and returned, dressed and in human form. He picked her up and sat her on his lap.

“What are you doing?” he asked her quietly.

“Watching them,” she replied, in a monotone voice. He felt her stiffen for a moment as a small, flaxen haired girl fell on the ground, pushed over by a boy. The girl got up and walked away. Alessia relaxed.

“Do you know her?” Crispin asked.

Alessia turned around to look at him and was about to answer when one of the teen helpers at the center walked up to the fence.

“Excuse me,” she called out, “May I ask what you are doing here?”

Crispin stood up, the helper's eyes checking him out. “We're just watching the kids play,” he told her. Alessia stood up too, and reached out for Crispin's hand. Crispin lead them both over to the fence so her could better speak with the helper.

“I'm afraid that's not allowed. This is private property,” she told him, leaning in close and exposing her cleavage.

Crispin rolled his eyes in disgust. The little, flaxen-haired girl from earlier came up to the fence and stood in front of Alessia. Alessia let go of Crispin's hand and knelt in front of the girl, clutching the fence. The little girl reached out and their fingers touched.

 “Adileh,” Alessia whispered.

 “When?” the child asked.

 Crispin watched as a tear rolled down Alessia's face. “I don't know,” she told the girl.

 “Lessi, do you know this child?” he asked Alessia, leaning down close.

 Alessia stood up shakily and looked at him. “No. She just comes to the fence sometimes.”

 “Come. Let's go home,” he told her, reaching for her hand.

 As they left, Alessia stole several glances back towards the little girl who waited at the fence until they were out of sight.

 Present Day

 Alessia woke up and scrambled for her phone. The time, the time what time is it? She felt as though someone had electrocuted her and her heart was racing. Her phone said it was eight in the morning… Which was perfect. It was late enough so that Crispin had already left for Alpha-ish duties, but early enough to get business done today – And, today, Alessia had something rather important to do.