Chapter Ten

Hey everyone. This chapter is dedicated to fromalphatoomega for voting on EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER and making my tablet chime endearingly ten times in a row.

On the side is a picture of what I imagine Victoria to look like. You'll meet her in this chapter. She's not important enough to me to actually find an actress... and I would hate to drag their names into the mud anyhow.

Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was no fun, Alessia thought to herself. The date itself had been perfect, but Crispin had ruined it. But he wasn't even there, Alessia pointed out to herself.

But he had ruined it anyways. Throughout the whole date with Evan, all she could think about was Crispin. Was Crispin okay, was he just at work, had he eaten dinner yet? They had bothered her relentlessly.

The thing is, this had happened before. Crispin had come home late without telling her he was going to be late several times before. Sometimes, emergencies simply came up and he couldn't be bothered to pull out his cellphone and call her. And those times, Alessia had simply gone to sleep, lived like usual.

Actually, Alessia realized, as she quietly opened the front door, the thought that Crispin had so often neglected to tell her he was going to come home late stung a bit. She stepped into the house and locked the door behind her.

A slight breeze and the smell of absolute perfection was all that preceded Crispin's arrival for her nightly scolding and bothering.

"Why was that boy here again?" he growled at her, "Why do you smell like him?" he glanced down and scanned her, "And why are you dressed all pretty?!"

Alessia leaned against the door comfortably and just glared at him. "It's none of your business, Crispin."

"It is my business," Crispin nearly shouted at her, "I'm your mate."

"No, you're not," Alessia shouted back. "You're my father."

Crispin growled, "Stop testing me, Alessia."

"Well if you wouldn't keep being a complete perv and stalking me this wouldn't be an issue!" she hissed.

Crispin blinked, hurt flashing across his face. "Do you really think that?"

"Maybe I do," Alessia replied, too far gone in her anger to care. "It's none of your business. Just leave me the hell alone."

Alessia pushed past him and ran up to her room.

As she prepared for bed, she banged into things angrily. Why didn't he understand? Why didn't he just leave her alone? Where the hell was her eight days of peace and space?! While she realized that she might, just might, be provoking him by going out with Evan, she had needed something to get her mind off of him. Did he have no sympathy and consideration?

Her mind burned with fury, anger, and a little bit of something else she tried to ignore - longing - as she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere

Crispin's paws slammed repeatedly against the earth as he ran to god-knows-where. He was so mad, so incredibly mad. She kept denying him, but never rejecting him. At this point, all he wanted was an answer, whether it be in his favor or not... On the other hand, he reflected, if her response was to reject him, he might never survive.

He slowed to a stop and began padding back towards home. He would miss her so much, he realized, almost unbearably so. She had been his world for eight years and he wanted her to continue to be his world for the rest of his life.