06

Mark's still not completely sold on this whole maknae line lunch thing

Mark's still not completely sold on this whole maknae line lunch thing.  He really just wants to go sit on the balcony and eat lunch with Taeyong, but Donghyuck is convinced that spending time with the younger boys is a good idea.

Mark loves all his soulmates, he really does, but he's scared that he'll see his family.

*flashback*

"Get back here this instant, Mark!  You were not excused."

Mark runs out of his parents house.  He can't handle sitting at that dinner table and hearing his 'family' talk about protesting a pride parade.

Mark struggles to run, his head hurts and his leg is so close to giving out.  He knows exactly why it hurts, he knows that he shouldn't have stayed at that house this long, but where else can he go?

Once he can't run anymore, he goes goes inside the nearest cafe-looking building.

Mark sits at a table and lays his head on his arms.

He considers his choices, and he realizes that he'll have to go home and deal with the consequences of walking out during a family lunch.

"Hey, are you ok?"

Mark sits up as soon as he hears a voice from next to him.

"Uh, yeah," Mark replies, clearing his throat.  "Sorry, is this your seat?"

"It usually is, but I'll let you sit here since you're cute."

Mark looks up to see the most attractive boy he's ever seen.  He stares in awe at the boy with black hair and beautiful brown eyes.

"So, I'm Taeyong.  What's your name?"

"Oh, um, it's Mark."

"Mark?" Taeyong asks slowly.

"My Korean name is Minhyung, if that's easier."

"Ok Minhyung.  Are you a trainee?"

"Trainee? For what?"

"You're in the SM building."

"Like the entertainment company?" Mark asks.

"Mhm," Taeyong hums.  "This is the cafe.  Do you want a drink or something?"

"I don't have any money, though."

"Don't worry.  I'll get it for you if you tell me what happened to your face." Taeyong points at a bruise on Mark's cheek.  "Deal?"

Mark smiles at Taeyong before replying.

"Deal."

Taeyong gets Mark a drink and after learning that Mark's parents are the reason for his bruises, he refuses to let the younger leave alone.