18

"Hyung, can we talk?"

"Of course, darling.  What about?"

Taeyong sits up on his bed as his younger soulmates moves to sit next to him.  Mark is with him, of course, but the Canadian boy is fast asleep.

"Why am I the only 98 liner?"

Jungwoo pouts and lays his head on Taeyong's shoulder.

"I don't know Jungwoo," Taeyong coos with a soft giggle.

"Don't laugh, this is is serious," Jungwoo whines.

"I'm only laughing because I thought it was something bad."

"It's bad for me, I'm lonely."

"Just join 99 line."

"But I was born in 98."

"Yeah, but Lucas is in the 99 line, and he's only 11 months younger."

"You can be part of the 99 line," Mark interrupts sleepily.  "We don't mind."

"Really?"

"Yeah.  You don't let us call you hyung anyways."

"Mm true," Jungwoo hums in thought.  "Ok! I'm part of 99 line now."

"Well, now that that's settled, is there anything else you want talk about?" Taeyong asks.

"Nope, that's it."  Jungwoo lays on the bed next to Mark.  "I'm just gonna stay here now."

"Ok darling.  I love you."

"I love you, too."

***********************

"Have you seen Jungwoo?" Lucas asks, walking up to Sungchan.

"Last I saw, he was going upstairs, why?" Sungchan replies.

"He just seemed upset earlier, so I wanted to check on him."

"He's upset? I didn't even realize.  Can I go with you to find him?"

"Of course.  Let's go."

Lucas takes Sungchan's smaller hand in his own and walks with him up the stairs.

They look in a few of the rooms before reaching Taeyong's.  They look in to see Taeyong laying on his bed, watching Neflix on his computer, with Mark and Jungwoo pressed against his sides.

"Well, found him," Lucas laughs softly.

"I guess a nap with Taeyong hyung is what he needed."

"Yeah, true."

"Hey darlings," Taeyong greets, moving his laptop to his side and beckoning the younger two over.  "Come lay with us."

"Is there enough space?" Lucas asks.

"Of course there is, sweethearts.  Just cuddle close."

"Ok hyung."

Sungchan lays behind Mark and wraps his arms around the boy while Lucas does the same to Jungwoo.

"Is he ok?" Sungchan nods at Jungwoo.

"Yeah, he's just feeling a little lonely."

"Lonely?" Sungchan raises an eyebrow.  "But there's so many of us."

"Sometimes it's a lot easier to feel alone when you're surrounded by people."

"Huh?" Lucas asks.

"It's like, all these people can be around, but if you're disconnected, then it just kind of feels empty and lonely.  Does that make more sense?"

"I guess."  Lucas smiles at Jungwoo as the older turns and presses his face against Lucas' chest.  "Will he be ok?"

"Of course he will.  We just need to be there for him."

"We will, hyung."

***********************

"Hey babe!"

"Shhh."

"Sorry."

"It's alright.  What do you need?"

Taeyong beckons Johnny into the room and over to the bed.

"Oh, I just came to tell you that Kun is cooking dinner and it'll probably be done in, like, fifteen minutes."

"Ok Johnny.  Wanna help me wake them up?"

"Sure.  I'll get Lucas and Jungwoo and you get Mark and Sungchan."

"Alright."

Taeyong turns to the younger boys, Mark and Sungchan and smiles at the way Mark has latched onto Sungchan.

"Minhyung, Sungchan," Taeyong coos.  "Time to wake up, darlings."

"No I don't want to," Sungchan whines.

"It's time to eat though."

"Sungchan?" Mark asks.  "When did you get here?"

"I don't know, we were looking for Jungwoo, but we found you here, too."

"Mm, you're warm," Mark hums and burrows further into Sungchan's arms.

"What are you doing, babe?" Sungchan laughs lightly.

"I'm trying to take your warmth."

"Alright, fine." Sungchan tightens his arms around Mark and presses a kiss to his head.

"You do have to get up soon, though," Taeyong calls from where he now stands by the door.  "We'll meet you down there, alright?"

"Alright."

Taeyong takes Johnny's hand and walks with him to the kitchen.  He finds Kun helping Jaehyun and Jaemin cook.

"You're teaching them?" Taeyong asks.

"Yeah," Kun replies.  "They're actually doing really good."

"Why do you say it like that?" Jaehyun asks in mock offense.

"Yeah!" Jaemin exclaims.  "Did you not think we could do it?"

"I had full confidence in you, sweethearts."  Kun presses a kiss to both of the boys' cheeks.

"Thanks hyung!" Jaemin exclaims before turning back to the part of dinner that he's working on.

"Yeah, thanks," Jaehyun adds with a soft smile and returns the kiss with one to Kun's cheek.

// I'm back babes