Intermission: Shotaro

Two Years in the Future

"Hey, Taro?"

"Yeah Taeyong hyung?"

"I got you these beads for those little craft projects you like."

"Really?" Shotaro asks shyly.

"Yeah, I like the little things you make."

"Oh, thank you."

Shotaro accepts the beads with a smile before waving at Taeyong as the older boy skips away.  He turns back into Sungchan's side after putting the beads down on the bed.

"That was weird, right?" Shotaro asks.

"No, I don't think so.  Taeyong gives a lot of gifts, I mean, look around.  You have a couple of his sweaters, and I know that crystal you carry around is from him, too."

"Oh.  I guess you're right."

"Of course I am.  Now, what are you gonna make first."

"I think, a mask lanyard, and then some keychains, maybe?"

Shotaro reaches back to grab the beads so he can look at the beads again.  He sees some smiley face beads and a lot of pretty colors that he likes.

"That'll be cute.  Will you make me one?"

"Obviously.  We're basically married at this point."

"But you never even proposed, darling," Sungchan teases.

"Alright, give me twenty minutes."

Shotaro jumps up and skips out of the room to Taeyong's room.

"Oh hey Jae hyung, is it alright if I use your room for a little bit?"

"Sure, sweetie, what are you doing?" Jaehyun asks and lets Shotaro lay on his bed.

"I'm proposing to Sungchan."

"You're what?" Taeyong pops up from the other side of Jaehyun.

"I want to propose to Sungchan."

"That's a big step, Taro, are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure.  I've known Sungchan for years, and even though we only officially started dating a couple of years ago, I feel like we've been dating for more than that."

"Aw," Taeyong coos.  "Dp you want any help?"

"Yes, please."

***********************

"Sungchan, you awake?" Jungwoo ask, entering the dark room.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for Taro."

"Well, Taro sent me to get you, so let's go!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, really."

Sungchan stands and moves towards Jungwoo.

"Do I look ok?" Sungchan asks.

"C'mere, darling."  Jungwoo puts one hand on Sungchan's back and uses the other to fix his hair.  "You look very cute, ready to go downstairs?"

"Yeah."

Sungchan holds Jungwoo's hand tightly as they go down the stairs.

The first one Sungchan sees is Taeyong, not Shotaro, at the door to the backyard.

"What's happening?" Sungchan asks quietly.

"Aw baby," Taeyong pulls Sungchan into a hug.  "Don't be nervous.  Everything will be fine."

"Promise?"

"I promise, now let's go, Shotaro's waiting for you."

"Ok!"

Sungchan smiles at the two boys next to her before going out the door.

The backyard is decorated beautifully, strings of lights everywhere and flower petals all over the floor.

Shotaro is standing in a heart of flowers and lights, with even more flowers in his hands.

Sungchan can see phone cameras poking out from behind the curtains that Shotaro is front of.

"Taro? How'd you do all this?"

"Well, I had a lot of help, but I've always known how I wanted to do this."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really.  These are for you." Shotaro hands Sungchan the flowers before taking a knee and pulling out a ring box.  "Sungchan, I have been in love with you for many years and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.  Will you marry me?"

"Omg! Yes!"

Sungchan tackles Shotaro to the ground and hugs his soulmate tightly as he kisses him.

When Shotaro finally manages to sit up with Sungchan, he opens the ring box.

Sungchan smiles at the two rings he sees.  One is silver with a small purple amethyst and the other is a handmade, beaded ring.

"When- When did you have the time to get this?"

"I've had the purple one for a while now, and I made the other one when the hyungs were helping me set up."

"I love them, thank you."

"You're welcome.  I figured you could wear one or both, it doesn't matter."

"I'll be wearing both, especially the one you made."

// cute Shotaro things