21

"Happy birthday!"

"Happy birthday!"

Mark wakes up to Donghyuck, Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun jumping on the bed that he was sharing with Taeyong.

"What?" Mark asks sleepily.

"It's your birthday!" Jaemin exclaims. "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks! What time is it?"

"Almost 11."

"Well, thank you for letting me sleep in, sweethearts."

"We planned a lunch for you," Donghyuck says. "Otherwise, we would've just left you here with Taeyong."

"Just us? Or is everyone going?"

"Just us. We're only going to the backyard."

"Ok! Let's go, then. Bye Taeyong hyung."

Mark waves bye to Taeyong as he's led out of the room by Donghyuck.

"Bye baby. Happy birthday!"

The five of them make it outside to see Chenle and Jisung under a canopy tent and a couple of blankets laid on the grass.

"Happy birthday!" Chenle and Jisung exclaim at the same time.

"Thank you! This is cute. Who made the food?" Mark laughs softly. "I hope not any of you."

"We didn't," Jeno laughs along with Mark. "Taeyong hyung helped us yesterday and Taeil hyung was helping us this morning."

"Well, it looks great. Should we eat now?"

"Definitely!"

Mark enjoys his lunch with these younger boys that he's pretty sure will be his soulmates.

When he's not with Taeyong, Mark usually finds himself with these boys. Mark knows that a lot of the older boys have his mark, and he does feel that soulmate connection to them, but he also feels it with these younger boys, and he knows Donghyuck does, too.

When Mark gets his marks at midnight, he's pretty sure he knows exactly who's marks he's going to get.

He manages to spend almost three hours outside with his boys before he needs to go inside.

"Hey Donghyuck?" Mark whispers, leaning into the younger's side.

"Yes love?" Donghyuck replies and leans his head on Mark's

"Is it alright if I go back inside now?"

"Of course it's alright. Are you ok?"

"Mhm," Mark hums. "You know how I feel about my birthday. I just need to rest again."

"Ok, want me to go with you?"

"Yes, please."

"Ok, let's go." Donghyuck helps Mark stand before turning to the other boys. "We're going to go inside for a bit."