09

"Hey Taeyong? Can you help me with something?"

"I can try, but why can't Johnny?"

Taeyong walks over to the table that Yuta's at and decides to just sit on Johnny since he's next to Yuta.

"He doesn't get it either," Yuta replies, sliding his paper over to Taeyong. "It's for our Korean language class."

"I read it, but I have no clue what it means," Johnny wraps his arms around Taeyong's waist.

Taeyong takes the paper and reads through it quickly before thinking about how to explain it.

"So basically it says that this will be your last year taking the class, but you have to take a test at the college."

"Why'd they add so many words?" Yuta whines.

"I think whoever wrote it was trying too hard to be professional," Taeyong replies.

"True, but at least we have a beautiful 95 line soulmate to explain it to us," Johnny coos and pecks Taeyong on the cheek. "Thank you."

There's a soft pink color to Taeyong's cheeks as he leans back against the taller.

"You're welcome. Do you need help with anything else?"

"No, but will you stay here with us?"

"Sure, I don't have anything else to do today."

Taeyong turns so he's sitting sideways on Johnny's lap with his feet on Yuta's chair. He leans his head on Johnny's shoulder while Yuta does the rest of his schoolwork.

Taeyong has found that 95 line has a special bond that comes with them being the same age. They share most classes together and seem to share their emotions, too.

Taeyong knows that Johnny and Yuta will always be there for him. There's only one person older than them, so they take care of each other, too, especially when they can feel that either one is sad or stressed.

There's a pause in their conversation as Yuta finishes his worksheet. Johnny has his fingers in Taeyong's hair and the smaller boy is starting to fall asleep.

"Tae," Yuta pats Taeyong's knee. "Don't fall asleep. I'm almost done."

"Ok. Will you get me coffee?"

"Of course. We can go soon."

"Mm ok. I want a latte."

"Of course you do," Johnny laughs. "That's what you always want."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, I'm done." Yuta places his paper back in his folder before standing and stretching. "Do you want me to make you one or should we go in the car?"

"Can we go in the car?" Taeyong asks. "I wanna stick my head out the window."

"Which window are you sticking your head out of?" Taeil asks, walking in the room with Jaehyun and Doyoung.

"The car one?" Taeyong replies hesitantly. "I wanna feel the air on my face."

"Really?" Taeil asks and receives a nod. "Fine, let's go."

"All of us?" Jaehyun asks.

"Sure. Get your stuff."

The six get in the car, that is, Johnny and Yuta are in the front, Taeyong and Taeil in the middle, and Jaehyun and Doyoung in the back.

"So, are we going somewhere?" Doyoung asks. "Or are we just here to watch Tae hyung stick his head out the window?"

"We're getting coffee," Yuta replies. "And we're here to see Tae stick his head out the window."

Taeyong giggles and rolls the window down as Johnny starts driving. He waits until the car is moving at a decent speed before leaning out the window.

Taeyong can feel a hand on his leg and one on his ankle as soon as he's out the window. He closes his eyes and smiles into the wind.

Taeyong is out there for what feels like forever before he feels a gentle tug on his shirt.

"You enjoyed that, then?" Taeil asks, smiling softly at the boy next to him.

"Yeah," Taeyong sighs happily. "Thank you for not stopping me."

"Of course, love. Let me fix your hair."

Taeil reaches over and smoothes down Taeyong's messy hair.

The six boys get their coffee and soon are on their way home.

Taeyong does end up sticking his head out the window again, but this time he convinces Yuta to do it, too. The two smile into the wind as Johnny has a finger hooked in Yuta's belt loop and Taeil is holding Taeyong's ankle again.

Yuta finds the same happiness that Taeyong does when feeling the wind on his face. They stay out there until Yuta feels a soft tug from Johnny and Taeyong feels one from Taeil.

"Why haven't we done that before?" Yuta exclaims.

"I don't know. I like it, though."

"Me, too."

They all laugh as they pull into the driveway.

"Can we go sit in the backyard?" Doyoung asks, holding Taeyong's hand in his.

"Sure."

Taeyong leads the way through the house to see an empty backyard. They sit on the benches under the shade cover.

This is the hyung line that Taeyong started out with. There's a special type of way he feels when it comes to these boys.

Taeil's peach mark was the first one he received. Taeyong will never forget the way Taeil's face lit up when that first mark appeared on Taeyong's arm even though he already had Taeyong's green mark on his arm.

Taeyong has known Johnny since they met in Chicago. He likes how he's smaller than Johnny and how he can fully hide behind the taller.

Yuta came from Japan, making Taeyong a bit of a panicked gay from the way the Japanese boy was so confident. Taeyong likes being near Yuta and helping him when he needs it.

Somehow Doyoung brings out Taeyong's playful side. They find themselves teasing each other a lot, but Taeyong loves the soft moments they share, too.

Taeyong had a bit of trouble with Jaehyun at first, the younger having trouble accepting that his soulmates were male. However, Taeyong did help him in accepting that fact and himself. Now, they're closer than ever, and Taeyong is happy to have Jaehyun.

It's the trust they've built with each other that makes Taeyong feel safe and happy.

// if you've never stuck your head out the window of the car, you really should