36

"So what you're telling my is that since the company broke several clauses in our contracts, we have the right to terminate it and leave?"

Mark squeezes Taeyong's hand and tilts his head.

All of the boys had just listened to Taeyong explain the situation with a little help from Taeil.

"Yeah," Taeyong replies.  "And if you want to, we can file a report against your parents for violating the restraining order."

"Really?"

"Really.  Do you want to?"

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I want to.  It's time that they face actual consequences."

"Yes! Preach!" Lucas interjects and pats Mark's shoulder.  "As far as parents go, your's and Renjun's are my least favorite."

"Oh, same," Kun comments.

"Personally, Taeyong's parental situation bugs me," Johnny interjects, not noticing the slight flinch that comes from Taeyong.

"Well, anyways," Taeyong quickly changes the subject.  "The point is, we can terminate our contracts and move companies."

"Good, sooner rather than later, please," Mark replies, confused by the quick change in topics from Taeyong.

"Alright, I'm glad that's settled."

There's an outbreak of conversation as they split into their own little groups.

Taeyong is quick to get up and leave.  He goes straight to his room, crawling under his bed and snuggling into the blankets that he keeps there for when he needs a moment, and trust me, he needs a moment.

Taeyong can feel himself tearing up, but he wipes at his eyes furiously.  He manages to keep his breathing somewhat under control, minimal noises coming from him as he cries.

"Tae?"

Taeyong covers his mouth as he hears Mark's voice and sees his feet from under the bed.

"I don't know if you're in here or not, but if you are, I just want you to know that I'm here for you.  You're always there for me and I need you to know that I will always, always be there for you. I love you."

Taeyong starts to cry harder as he uncovers his mouth and sticks his hand out from under the bed to tap on the floor.

"Hyung?"

Mark crawls under the bed and frowns as he sees the tears running down his soulmate's face.  He manages to sit next to Taeyong and hold him tightly.

"I should've known you'd be down here.  This is one of your safe places."

"You're here for me?" Taeyong sniffs.

"Yeah, I'm here for you, always and forever."

Taeyong cries into Mark's shoulder as Mark kisses his head and rubs his back.  Once Taeyong calms down, he lays back against Mark, resting his head on the younger's shoulder, facing his neck.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I'm stressed and Johnny brought up my parents," Taeyong whispers.  "I haven't thought about that in a long time."

"Aw, I know, honey.  It's ok, we don't have to talk about it."

"Do you remember the day we saw her?" Taeyong asks.

"Yeah."

"She looked happy.  How could she just abandon me?  How could she be happy knowing that she abandoned her child?"

"I don't know, but what I do know is that you have us now, you have me now and I love you."

"I love you, too, and you're enough for me.  I have all the love I need from you and everyone else."

"Good, because you're too beautiful to cry."

"Mark!" Taeyong giggles and slaps Mark's arm lightly.

"Taeyong!  I hear you, where are you?" Johnny asks and steps into Taeyong's room.

"Down here," Taeyong replies.

Johnny crouches down so he can see Taeyong and Mark.

"What? Why are you two down here?"

"It's small and peaceful and we fit," Taeyong replies.

"Makes sense to me.  Do you want a tissue?"

"Yes please."

Johnny disappears for a second before reappearing with a pack of tissues.

"I'm coming in."

Johnny manages to squeeze in with them and wrap his arms around both of his soulmates.

"I'm sorry, Tae."

"It's ok."

"No, it's not.  I shouldn't have mentioned your parents and I'm sorry."

"It's ok, and I'm ok, I promise."

"I feel bad, though.  I didn't mean to make you cry."

"Johnny," Mark interrupts.  "He said he's ok, so just hold us and kiss him."

"Sheesh, ok."

Johnny hugs them a little tighter and kisses Taeyong softly.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Johnny and Mark stay with Taeyong under the bed until Donghyuck and Taeil come looking for them.

"I thought Mark said he was in here," Donghyuck comments.

"We're here," Mark speaks up.  "Might need some help up, though."

"Alright."

As Mark crawls out, Donghyuck helps him stand and stretch.

Johnny is next, followed by Taeyong, Taeil helping both of them up.

"Is it dinner time?" Taeyong asks.  "I want mac and cheese."

"I knew you would, which is why I made some," Taeil replies.

"You did?" Taeyong looks at Taeil sweetly.

"Of course I did.  I know you, sweetheart.  You're a picky eater."

"I am not!"

"Yes, you are!  You can't stand tomatoes and you have issues when your foods touch."

"Fine, I guess I am picky."

"Yes, you are.  Now let's go."

"Ok."

Taeyong takes both Johnny's and Taeil's hands in his and they follow Mark and Donghyuck down the hallway and to the kitchen.

// for some reason, the words just come naturally when I write about a mental breakdown so that's fun :)