34

"Hendery, film a dance with me

"Hendery, film a dance with me.  I need a distraction."

"Shotaro, don't whine."

"Is that a yes?"

"Sure, when?"

"Right now?"

"Ok, let's go."

Hendery stands and grabs his bag before putting on his shoes.  He walks with Shotaro to his room and waits for him to do the same.

"Where do you want to film?" Hendery asks.

"I was thinking on that one bridge by the river," Shotaro replies.  "Do you know the one I'm talking about?"

"I think so.  The one with the lights and the pink flowers?"

"Yeah, that's the one."

"What about the song? Do you have any ideas for that?"

"Can we do the chorus for Love Shot by EXO? I love that song."

"Sure, can we make this a date, too?"

"Oh uh," Shotaro panics with a blush.  "You want to go on a date with me?"

"Well yeah.  You're cute and we haven't really had a chance to get to know each other yet."

Shotaro panics internally for a moment before replying.

"Let's have a picnic by the bridge."

"Alright.  We'll stop for food."

Hendery grabs a couple of masks from by the door before they go outside.  He likes the blush dusting Shotaro's cheeks, but he definitely doesn't want anyone to recognize them.

Shotaro tries his best to slow his rapidly beating heart, but it doesn't work as Hendery gives him a breathtaking smile along with a mask.

"Ready?" Hendery asks.

"Yeah."

The two walk side by side, the back of their hands brushing occasionally and Shotaro can't tell if Hendery's doing it on purpose or not.

"Do you mind if I hold your hand?" Hendery asks.

"I don't mind."

Hendery takes Shotaro's hand gently and intertwines their fingers, brushing over the ring that Shotaro never takes off.

"What is this ring from?  I've never seen you without it."

"Sungchan gave it to me as a friendship ring a couple of years ago, but it turned into a couples ring when we started dating.  It's my favorite ring."

"Aw, that's so cute.  Do the stylists let you wear it to perform?"

"Yeah.  Since it's silver, they let me keep it on because that's my color or something like that."

"That's good."

"What about your necklace?" Shotaro asks and gestures to the gold chain with an amethyst pendant around Hendery's neck.

"Taeyong hyung got this first me after I told him that I was nervous about performing." Hendery reaches up and gently touches the pendant.  "He said it's supposed to help me with confidence."

"Does it?" Shotaro asks.  "Give you confidence, I mean."

"I think so, or it could be coming from the fact that I know Taeyong hyung believes in me."

"That's sweet.  It suits you."

"Thank you."

The two continue talking as they walk to get food and then go to the bridge by the river.

The bridge does not receive a lot of foot traffic, so Shotaro sets up his phone on one side as Hendery poses on the other.

"You look great," Shotaro giggles as Hendery does a silly pose.  "You know the dance, right?"

"Yeah, I know it.  Ten taught it to me a while ago."

"Cool, you go left and I'll go right."

It takes a few tries, but they finally manage to film one that Shotaro is happy with.

"I like it.  You're an amazing dancer," Hendery comments.

"You are, too.  I hope we're soulmates."

"Me, too.  I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks."

"True.  Let's get our picnic going."

The two opt to sit against the railing of the bridge for their picnic.

Hendery is very happy that he suggested this date.  It's definitely a good distraction from everything going on with their company.

"Thank you for agreeing to this date," Hendery says as they wrap up their picnic.  "I know you said that you needed a distraction, but I definitely needed one, too."

"Yeah, I know.  You looked stressed," Shotaro comments as he digs through his bag for some gum.  "Oh! I made you this, too."

Shotaro pulls out a colorful beaded choker and holds it out to Hendery. (imagine one like San has in Thanxx)

"Thank you, I love it."

Hendery puts the necklace on and smiles with a soft blush on his cheeks.

"You're welcome!"

Shotaro stands and helps Hendery up, but doesn't let go of his hand once they're both up.

"Are you ready to go back now?" Shotaro asks.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

Shotaro bounces along happily next to Hendery all the way home.

"Taro! You're back!"

Sungchan is the first to run at the couple as they walk through the door, followed by Xiaojun, Yangyang, and Lucas.  They separate as Sungchan and Shotaro go up to the room they're staying in and the others stay in the entry way.

"How was your date?" Xiaojun asks.

"It was great.  Shotaro's very sweet."

// just a cute date :)