Chapter 6

''Well, that's your first-ever week of work over'' Hunter entered the locker room without so much as a fucking knock

''Well, that's your first-ever week of work over'' Hunter entered the locker room without so much as a fucking knock. I jumped up, covering my braless boobs with a bunched-up top.

''Knocking would've been nice''.

''Eh,'' He shrugged, looking down at his gold watch with little interest before meeting my eyes. ''What haven't I seen?'' He smirked.

''A lot!'' I argued, rolling my eyes. For your information, Mr.Smartass, my boobs are a masterpiece. Thank you very much! 

''So, as I was saying, your first week of work is over!'' He switched the subject eagerly. ''How you feeling?'' He asked, genuinely interested.

''Can't wait for the two days off I get now!'' I smiled through gritted teeth.

''I bet you are...'' He smirked, scanning my features. I swear this man gets a kick out of annoying me. ''Any partying planned?''

''You sound like an actual grandpa'' I scoffed before laughing lightly, still holding a top against my naked boobs. ''And yes, I'm going out'' I nodded finally.

''Huh, where to?'' He asked, ignoring my jab at his age.

''Why do you care?'' I rolled my eyes.

''Just wondering'' He smirked, a hint of mischief in his gaze. ''Was thinking of going out myself''

I burst into hysterical laughter, ''You? Have fun?  Yeahhhh, right!''.

''What?'' He scrunched his eyebrows, his mood shifting.

''Oh, please! You have three Instagram highlights. Two of which are named work and projects, as if that's not the same damn thing. Yeah, I don't think you know what fun is'' I deadpanned.

''Nice to meet my number one fan!'' He winked, his eyes jumping to my chest for a split second.

''Eh-'' I struggled to answer him straight away. Damn him and his stupid charm. ''It's just too painful not to notice'' I recovered quickly.

''I'm sure it is...'' He sang before leaving.

***

I trudged away from the closed diner with only one thing on my tired mind.

Hunter Hawthorne just followed me on Instagram.

Yes, you heard that right.

Scrolling through my feed as I waited at a red light, I noticed that a new like on my post had just shown up. I clicked my likes open. What I saw, knocked all air out of my lungs.

Hunter fucking Hawthorne liked my photo.

15-year-old Scarlett would've literally passed away from the news. But I, a grown and mature Scarlett, just raised an eyebrow. I knew he was up to something. He wouldn't just follow me out of the blue and then like my picture. He was not that kind of guy.