2. Teleportation, black wings and everything in between

I stared at him for a few seconds without saying anything. He returned my look with a smirk.

He thought I was going to believe that.

I laughed at his face, trying to control my laughter. The smirk from his face fell as it was masked with confusion. I waved my hands at him,

"I'm sorry. But that was funny." I said in between laughter.

He looked at me blankly now, "I did not crack a joke, Ms. Viotto."

I stopped myself before shaking my head at him, "Are you sure, Mr. Elrod? The tale? You want me to believe the tale?"

He looked at me unbelievably, "Maybe that's the reason why I brought it up because I expect you to believe it. How do you think I know about it? Why do you think I brought it up?"

I drank the water and took my handbag before standing up again, "I'll get going now. I don't think I have an appetite."

I was about to walk away when he took hold of my wrist. I rolled my eyes, "Seriously, you need to go see a psychiatrist."

He got up from his seat— without letting go of my wrist. Taking his phone and putting it in his pockets he dragged me with him.

I tried to free my wrist from his grip but he kept them steady as he walked down the stairs,

"What do you think you are doing? I swear to god I will scream if you don't let go of me this second."

He turned his head to look at me with his now dark green eyes before continuing his way down.

Why did I even come here? To experience this? To hear about this tale again? What is it even that makes people believe that it's a real thing? I am not dumb to get myself trapped into a web of words and take their word while they rob me of my valuables. I know people like them. Taking advantage of the old stories to rob people off.

"The only thing I can do now is prove to you that I am not lying." He said.

I continued trying to free my hand, "I don't want to see!"

He pulled me outside of the restaurant and faced me. I shuddered, it was cold. And my overcoat was inside because he dragged me without even stopping once.

He pulled me in closer so that my face was inches away from his. I was taken by surprise as I held my breath. I could not help but stare into his eyes and feel the feeling of emptiness as he continued to stare into my eyes with intensity,

"I don't have much time to waste. I don't care if you want to see it or not but you will have to believe me." His voice was stern now.

"You are hurting me." I gritted through my teeth— still trying to free my wrists.

"You are not going to die." I could feel his breath on my face reminding me of the close proximity between us which only made me want to run away from him.

"I thought the devil was not supposed to hurt the human." I spat.

Slowly, a smirk appeared on his face as he loosened his hold on my wrist but still held onto it,

"So, you do know about the tale."

"I have heard about it. I never said I believed it." I stood my ground as Deandre continued looking at me mysteriously.

He took in a deep breath, "Well, that is why I brought you out. I will make you believe that."

"I-" before I could even say another word I felt the whole world spinning around me. I could only see the dark faded images, nothing clear except Elrod.