25. Mark got punched

"What is she doing here?" I was too deep in sleep that the voice barely even made it past my ears, it was deep and sounded like it had just travelled the sea.

"Her? I brought her with me."

"That was never part of the plan. Do I need to remind you why I sent you there?"

"Oh come on, I did the work. I got what you wanted. She is just a bonus." He laughed— the piercing, loud voice reaching the back of my head and hammering it.

"What do you plan on doing with her?"

Where was I?

"Nothing you are thinking of!" There was accusation in his voice, "what do you take me for? That too with a human? Gross." There was a pause, "I just want to have fun while watching Deandre worked up. Nothing more, I swear."

"I hope you mean that,"

What was going on?

I could hear the eagerness in his voice, "You seem quite intrigued by her." with a tinge of playfulness he added, "have you met her before?"

The room (I suppose that was where I was) had gotten quiet before I heard the opening of a door followed by the footsteps, "Don't kid yourself. I don't have anything to meddle with such lowly beings... Anyways, I need to go and meet someone, so I am trusting you to hide the portion at some safe place before you set out to have your fun with Deandre."

The portion? Ohhh, THE portion. The memories started flooding back as I remembered the last thing was me being kidnapped by that Mark guy.

If Mark had kidnapped me and had brought me somewhere, and if he was talking to someone about the portion... does that mean he was talking to him? The fallen angel?

Before I could open my eyes to have a good look at this person in question who had to be killed by Elrod, I heard the door close and I immediately knew that he had left. Regret filled me instantly. Oh god, why did it take me so long to gain consciousness? Why did it take so long to even come to senses?

I tried to open my eyes but I could feel the throbbing of my nerves in the back of my head. What the hell? What did he give me to make me drop dead in seconds?

A groan escaped my mouth as I lifted my head from the hard covers of a chair,

"Are you already up?" There was no doubt this was that douche's voice. I could recognise it from the back of my hand by the way he had that lazy, seeming to find everything funny stretch to it in the end, "And here I thought I had choked you to your death." He laughed.

How I wish I could scratch his face right now. Listening to his laugh the first thing after getting up was the last thing on my priority list.

I forced my eyes to open as they screamed at me to let them droop. I was very much expecting myself to be sitting in a chair while ropes held me down in place. The room with little to no light and nothing except a few broken chairs and a fan which had run its course. I expected an almost shattered window behind me just waiting for me to make an escape from it.

My mouth dropped open and my eyes went wide as I looked around.

Dark, shady room? What is that? This was a full-fledged apartment with a sun shining inside. It was too bright to match the tone of his character. He was doing this wrong. Shady people bring kidnapped people to shady and creepy places. Not a homey house with a kitchen, my eyes landed on something on the couch... with a beautiful strawberry plushie?!

My eyes snapped up to his and my brows furrowed on their own... the question stamped on my forehead, 'Strawberry plushie? Are you really the same person?'