9. A child who needs the sunglasses

"If only I had taken an off from office to go on some adventure in a dungeon," I said staring deep into the dungeon in front of my eyes.

I swiftly looked at Elrod and watched him as he stood beside me with his arms crossed over his chest. He didn't reply to me for a while before speaking up out of nowhere,

"As I said, Ms. Viotto, this is your work now."

He stepped away from me before going around the dungeon and checking for his signal on the phone. I squinted my eyes from the bright sunlight shining down on my face as I watched him tap his foot impatiently.

"Are we waiting for someone?" I asked.

He turned around to give me a blank look, "Well, yes, Ms. Viotto. Of course, we are. You surely didn't think we would go in there all alone, did you?"

To be completely honest? I definitely thought we both were going alone in there. But of course, I wasn't going to admit that in front of him. Not when he already thinks of me as some weird creature with different wirings in her brain.

You can just tell what the person in front of you feels about you by just looking them in the eyes.

"You said we were going to meet someone," I said trying to change the subject but also because we were standing in front of a freaking old dungeon with flies and all sorts of insects and I don't know if any normal human would be living in there healthily.

He flicked something from his black t-shirt. This was the first time that I had seen him in anything other than his business suits. Black t-shirt and pants... he pulled them off effortlessly. His black hair wasn't styled perfectly making him look weirdly better. And it was kind of annoying realizing how he has an advantage to ethereal beauty.

"We are very much doing that. It's in there." He said pointing inside the dungeon.

I looked inside and made a face, "When are your 'said' people coming?"

"If only I could connect with them." He groaned, "What dessert is this? There is no signal."

I pursed my lips and checked for my phone and found that my phone was in fact dead. I gulped slightly before swiftly sliding it back into my pocket.

"Do you have any signal?" He asked, watching me through his squinted eyes from the sun.

I shook my head, making him sigh. He was about to make his way back towards me when I saw a car flying its way to us. It was so fast that I would have thought it was a figment of my imagination if it hadn't stopped just in front of Elrod.

Elrod crossed his arms and waiting for the car engine to stop as I stared at the red car with my mouth open. Just how much money do they have?

The doors opened and I swear to god I had never been so dazzled with anyone's beauty, just like I was with Lorra's. She was wearing sunglasses and even though she wore jeans and a white shirt with boots, it was just the way she carried herself that just made everyone respect her.

I was so engrossed in admiring Lorra's beauty that I almost hadn't notice the other guy who got down with her. He had a pair of sunglasses too with blonde hair. He had a sheepish smile which disappeared the second his eyes landed on Elrod.

"We are so sorry we are late, Sir." He apologised sincerely and almost as if he was new to work.

"We got stuck in traffic." Lorra tried to justify and just by her tone I could tell she respected Elrod but wasn't intimidated by him.

Elrod didn't say anything as he turned around and looked straight at me, "They are my companions. Now yours too."

It sounded so weird but I nodded my head nonetheless.