3. Roses for the lovely lady

I was back in my apartment— getting ready to go to my job, which I wasn't so ecstatic about knowing that the person I am working under is a pervert. Thankfully, not many people have seen Elrod's face in the company because the guy rarely shows up and when he does, he just drills a hole in his office and stays there.

I sighed, I don't have to worry about him thankfully.

I was putting on my heels when my mind went back to my mom asking me about the date. I didn't tell her about the weirdo she set me up with. I didn't want her to feel bad. Besides, what was I supposed to tell her?

'You know the person, the 'CEO', you set me up with is MY COMPANY'S CEO. If that is not enough red flag, he is a little narcissistic. Oh no, you thought that was enough? What about a huge pair of black wings? Teleportation? Devil? And most of all A PERVERT!'

No thanks, I didn't want her to have a heart attack.

My phone buzzed in my hand as I jumped while trying to put the heels on. I checked my phone and noticed that I was getting a call from Casey.

"Hey," I said picking up.

"When are you reaching the office?" She asked me.

"I'm just leaving. What about you?"

There was a pause on the other end before she said, "Five to ten minutes at the max."

"Cool, I'll see you there!"

"Yeah, I missed you so much!"

I stopped before chuckling, "Casey, I was gone for a day."

"Doesn't change the fact that I missed you! You were gone for a day from the office. Do you know how hard it was? Mrs. Smith would keep eyeing me as always as if I stole something from her. And the loud snores from Mr. Johnson, they seemed even worse than before. The white walls started appearing grey to me. Miley would come and bitch to me about someone again and I COULDN'T PUSH HER AWAY FROM ME! The girl won't go away! I missed you so much, Avery. Can you hear my silent crying?"

I wish I could pat her back and console her. I knew how hard it could be to endure all of them together. Alone.

I shuddered at the mere thought of it.

"It's going to be alright." I tried to console her.

"It will! When you reach here!"

"I will be right there!" I promised before hanging up and getting myself ready to become flash and reach the office in just ten minutes.

•••

I walked down the second floor with a smile on my face. The only thing I wanted was for today to be better than yesterday. For it to be a lot less unnatural than yesterday. For it to be...

I stopped midway and eyed all the people who were surrounding my table.

I don't remember leaving honey on my table last time that all of them were buzzing over it.

I slowly walked towards my table with my handbag hanging on my right shoulder. I adjusted it. They turned their heads around to look at me as my heels clanked every time I took a step.

What? Why were they looking at me as if I was some weird creature? People, you are looking at the wrong person. You should be giving that look to your boss, not me.

"What's going on?" I asked carefully approaching my table as they all scattered away so that I could see directly. My eyes went towards Casey and I raised my eyebrows at her in a questioning way, asking what was going on. She pointed her eyes towards my desk.