Chapter 10 Shatter

Agents North Carolina, Washington, and South Dakota treaded across the sand, arriving a small hole.

Wash: Here. I have no idea how she got here.

South: She? This is a dude.

Carolina: Right, she didn't.

Wash: Wait, is that who I think it is? If what you're saying is true, how could this have happened?

South: I was confused as hell when I first saw it.

David and Natasha paled as they felt their leader's mood shift. . . They both knew exactly why. . . .

*Many Years Earlier - Project Freelancer*

Agent Connecticut and Headcase were in the bunker, the latter typing away at a control panel.

Connecticut: We need to get to the escape vehicle.

Headcase: I'm not leaving them!

He finished typing in a command, making turrets appear on the ceiling.

Connecticut: You don't understand, they want me! They don't care about the rest of you! I know too much. If I leave they will follow me.

On the other side of the blast doors, Agent Texas took cover, Carolina joining her.

Texas: Quiet, that room is guarded by turrets.

Carolina: I can get past them.

Texas: If there was a way to do it, I would've already done it.

?: Ladies.

The two immediately pointed their weapons at the voice. . .

Carolina: Jason?!

Jason: Hello.

Carolina: What are you fucking doing here?

Jason: I'm sorry someone decided to nearly get herself killed. I'm here to keep you alive. Texas, good to see you.

Texas: . . . Likewise.

Carolina: *rolls eyes* This conversation is not over.

Jason: Whatever, Rachel.

Carolina: Don't-

Jason: Not the time, we have a mission to finish.

He took cover behind his sister as she sighed and activated her radio.

Carolina: York, I need you to cut the power on the main complex.

Meanwhile, the chaingun wielding soldiers continued to giggle as they rained fire down the path! The Freelancers were still stuck behind cover.

York: A little busy out here!

Carolina: Just. Do it.

York: I'll see what I can do. Sounds like a good excuse to get out of this firefight.

Florida had finally began to recover.

Hawaii: There we go.

Wyoming: Good show, mate. That's the spirit. Still have a bit of fight in you.

Florida lifted the tomahawk from the ground, looking at it before flinging it forward! The weapon clanked on the ground in front of the soldiers, both of them holding fire before shaking their heads and continuing their onslaught.

York: So much for that plan.

Washington: What now?

Florida took cover, nodding to himself before raising his Assault Rifle and firing the underside grenade launcher at a moving crane! The machine went out of control and threw a shipping container at the soldiers! It crashed into them and knocked them off the path, letting them fall to a lower level before crushing them into nothing but blood. . .