Chapter 15 Three's a Crowd

FILSS: A new challenger has arrived. Today's match up is Agent Texas Vs Agent North Carolina.

The two Freelancers and York, entered the training room, the others, barring Hawaii, in the observation deck. Emerging from the ground were tables full of weaponry.

York: Okay, just pick a piece of equipment you know how to use already.

Carolina proceeded to grab everything.

York: Or just grab everything and anything. That works too I guess.

Sigma watched intently from beside Maine as Omega appeared on Tex's shoulder.

Texas: Hey, I've got this one Omega.

Omega: Hm, next time. *vanishes*

FILSS: Agent York, please clear the floor.

York: In a second FILSS. Now, at first the voice of the AI- sorry, AIs. It'll feel like a tickle, okay? Just focus on that and it will get clear. Trust them, I know that'll be hard, but I promise they'll help.

FILSS: Agent York, clear the floor, please.

York: In a second, FILSS.

FILSS: Clear the floor or enter the match, York. Your choice.

York: For the record, I would stay and support you, but she's really damn scary.

A glare was sent his way.

York: Okay, maybe you're both pretty scary. Gotta go.

He took his leave as yellow and cyan AIs appeared next to Carolina. Eta and Iota then vanished as she looked to Texas. Up on the observation deck,

North: Anyone want to bet that one of them gets killed?

Washington: Are you kidding? I'm hoping one of us doesn't get killed just by watching.

The tables of weapons receded into the ground.

FILSS: Round begin in three. . . two. . . one. Begin. Good luck, ladies.

Carolina/Texas: Thanks. I won't need it.

Letting out battle cries, they charged forward! Suddenly, the Director and the Counselor entered the observation deck.

Director: What the hell is going on here?! No matches have been authorized for- no. ALLISON!

AIs: ALLISON! ALLISON! ALLISON!

Every single AI was screaming! Carolina and Texas slid past each other, the former falling to her knees and clutching her head in agony as she shrieked! York, North, Maine, and Wyoming all began to follow suit, falling to their knees and clutching their heads in pain, Wyoming tearing his helmet off! Elsewhere on the Mother of Invention, the Sarcophagus began to growl and writhe within its container! Carolina screamed on the training room floor, groaning before tearing off her helmet and throwing it away!

Carolina: MAKE THEM STOP! MAKE THEM STOP! THE VOICES!

Texas held her hand out, only for it to be smacks away. . .

Carolina: MAKE THE VOICES STOP!

Counselor: Director, we should sedate Carolina immediately. We have no idea how much damage two AI could've-

Director: No. She made her decision. Let her be.

York: C'mon, somebody help her!

Texas: What the fuck is going on?! Somebody get down here!

The Director was about to leave along with the Counselor, but two shock rounds crashed into the chests, knocking them out in an instant.

South: What the hell?!