Interlude - Her Choice

Ruby Andria sat atop her base, helmet off and at her side. The Magenta Girl's eyes gazed up to the night sky and its twinkling stars. . .

Ruby: This is Ruby Andria. Journal entry number. . . I lost count. To be honest, I don't really know why I'm still doing these. I have my memories back. . . Eh, I guess I'm just used to it. Anyways. . . We are kind of stranded on a planet we know absolutely nothing about, but I'm sure we'll be alright. We have enough food to last us a while. . . assuming Grif doesn't eat it all. We all have comfortable beds and a roof over our heads, so there's that. Wash started working on a radio tower, Delta and South have been helping out a lot, but Kaikaina does annoy the heck out of them. *giggles* Even if we're shipwrecked, I'm just glad we're all having fun again, instead of being miserable while helping destroy an annoyingly annoying military program. Speaking of. . . Rachel and Epsilon have been missing for a few days now. My guess is that they won't be back for a while, and as for where they are. . . I have zero percent of a clue. . . I'm sure the others will be fine, but I hope Caboose doesn't get too upset. *sighs* Moving on, my team is basically playing house and have nearly destroyed their house about six times. The Blues are doing pretty well, Wash is being a little bossy, but I'm sure he's just looking out for them. As for us girls, we're doing okay. That's about all that's going on. I'll do these things a little more consistently now, it'll be fun to look back on once we're out of here. . . This is Ruby, signing off.

The ravennette clicked the side of her helmet and ended the recording.

Ruby: Welp, that's that.

Her AI appeared, taking a seat on the helmet.

Allison: You forgot something.

Ruby: Huh? What is it?

Allison: *smirks* Not gonna talk about your greenish-blue idiot?

Ruby: Aqua.

Allison: Aww, you even figured out the actual color.

Ruby: *blushes* Shut up, it's not like it's hard to figure out.

Allison: He barely knows the color of his armor.

Ruby: That's because he's an idiot.

Allison: And yet, you like him.

Ruby: You dated Church.

Allison: Technically, I dated Alpha.

Ruby: Yeah, while he was an idiot.

Allison: Okay, that's fair.

Ruby: Besides, there's nothing wrong with liking an idiot.

Allison: There's a lot of better choices.

Ruby: There's always going to be a better choice. . . But after protecting him from Wyoming, finding our swords together, being stuck in a time loop with him, finding him in the pyramid, taking bullets for him, getting stabbed for him, protecting him, and fighting alongside him. . . being friends with him. . . It's hard to not get attached. Besides, he may act like an idiot. . . and act very perverted, but he's reliable when he needs to be. . . Even if he's not the best choice. . . he's my choice.

The Magenta Girl smiled as she returned her gaze to the stars. . .

Allison: When you put it like that, it makes me look stupid for questioning it.

Ruby: With your love life, you do not have the right to question mine.

Allison: *sighs* I guess you have me there.

The AI's body flickered red for a split second.

Ruby: What was that?

Allison: Oh, that was just Zeta. He was touched by your little explanation. . .

Ruby: Aww, tell him I said thanks.

The Magenta Girl laid on her back and rested her head on a hand while the other dug into her pocket. . . She pulled out the dog tags that once belonged to Agent South Carolina. . .

Ruby: I wonder you'd like him, Jason. . . .