Always You

Her hand was sliding against the walls as she looked around the huge house. She would get lost in her own thoughts once in a while and eye her surroundings as if it was her first time visiting such an exquisite abode.

She noticed the chandelier's light was dimmer, but it still looked beautiful. That's all that mattered. The pictures, pictures of her childhood to strange objects like trees and clocks, were hung around the walls were glimmering under the light.

" ( Y/n )."

( Y/n ) pulled her hand back hearing her mother's voice, and she stiffened a smile.

She turned back and closed her purse, " Hi, mom."

( m/n )'s eyes then drifted to her outfit, " It's too tight."

The young woman sighed at her remark, and her face turned sour, " I thought you'd be happy to see me show up," the ( h/c )-haired female turned her back and walked away to stand in front of a large, valuable statue, " I'm really sad you're complaining instead."

With the silence and the little noise coming from the kitchen, where cooks and cleaners were rushing around here and there, ( m/n ) tensed up and griped on her wool cardigan, tightening it around her body awkwardly.

" Felix and Maggy are here already," she looked down to the floor.

" Is Hugo there too, then?"

" Yes," ( m/n ) nodded her head, " So hurry up and come in instead of standing there."

( m/n ) had then left ( Y/n ) rather in a rush, leaving her alone to only start clicking her tongue as she shook her head glumly before she, too, walked through the halls alone.

The knife had cleanly sliced her piece of steak into two, revealing its light red color and its tender texture. ( Y/n ) felt sick after staring at the pale red liquid coming out of it and wished that she had never noticed it.

To her right was Hugo, who had his everyday look plastered on his face, and to her left was her younger cousin playing with his game below the table.

" Do you like the steak?"

( Y/n ) looked up to see Uncle Felix smiling at her, " It's quite good."

" Haha," he fixed his glasses, " That's wonderful to hear."

The female had flashed him a sincere smile before her eye had caught Hugo taking a glimpse of her. Hugo must have been lucky to have such parents that were completely the opposite of hers that she sometimes couldn't help but feel a little spark of jealously every time she seems them.

To Felix's left was no other than Emelie, the mother of that brattish child sitting next to ( Y/n ), smiling graciously at everyone. It annoyed ( Y/n ) to the core when she'd make eye contact with her by accident, or with her husband, Denis, the man who was once accused of delaying his debts several years ago.