Bothersome Squirrels and a Faultless Fox

April was never a month where it would rain often, even the records said so. It was one of the months that were simple; not many events, not much chaos, not many crimes even. But still, even with all this, it was a month she hated since childhood.

Rain came pouring down the sky. ( Y/n ) had honestly found it peaceful just by staring at the ground where thousands of ripples had come and formed, at the same time annoying for she couldn't take a small stroll back home.

She was leaning on a cement pillar close to the basketball court, sucking the crap out of an orange lollipop. It was rare for her to not look at her phone when she had a break, at least it was for Keqing.

The cafeteria was crowded with students who kept on blabbering on and on and cooks and cleaners that would clean their ears by scratching it with their pinkie hearing them but then since she wasn't there that day, the secretary had to admit it strangely disturbed her.

From the glass door, the wall that held it with its well-built arms was Keqing leaning on the beige wall, staring at her phone.

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

TODAY

YOU
she's near the basket court

ALBEDO AGRESTE
Okay, I'll be there shortly.

YOU
👍

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

The ( h/c )-haired female knew that she wasn't alone now that she heard a phone notification from behind of her but problem was that she was too lazy to figure out who it was. So, she kept quiet and licked the sweet, shrinking candy a few more times.

And before she knew it, she now was definitely not alone. Hearing their loud but gentle footsteps echoing from the hallway from her back caused her to tense up and pose something cool so that the person will have not the slightest clue she had their presence coming.

" Hey," she greeted the man as he did the same by waving.

" Hello," he nodded his head and looked up the ceiling, well, the sky. It actually took a while for him to create a conversation with her for first, she didn't seem to be in a good mood, and second, he did not know the current trends but some boring old news not everyone wants to hear, " That time of the year?" Albedo finally spoke, adjusted his glasses, and hugged his sketchbook.

( Y/n ) nodded her head, putting on a sad face, " Yeah. It sucks...a lot."

" If you say it does then I think it actually does."

The ( h/c )-haired female glanced at him, nodding slowly in agreement before she cracked her knuckles as if she was about to fight a mob of careless people who are picking up an argument with someone they knew they should never mess with.