OCTOBER, 2017

Three:

Three:

Was my idea crazy? Yes.

Could it get me killed? Possibly.

Would it be my father doing the killing if he found out what I'd done? Most definitely.

But I hadn't seen Happy since the day that he'd come to my rescue for the second time in the diner, and I was desperate to see him. He was like a drug, and I needed a hit before the feeling left my veins completely. So, even though I knew it was overstepping and could bite me in the ass, I'd decided a plan and I'd stuck to it.

"Hey, sweetheart."

My head snapped away from the clubhouse and towards the blonde man who was leaning casually against the side of my car, cigarette hanging between his lips. Even though he was obviously part of the Sons of Anarchy, his eyes were kind and his smile was warm. "Anything I can help you with?"

There was something about him that seemed so familiar, like finding someone that you'd met in a past life, and I pushed the door open so that I could get to my feet and stand in front of him.

His eyes raked me from head to toe to try and grasp the situation. I wasn't dressed like the Crow Eaters that I knew hung around their parties and the clubhouse to please the other members, in my skin-tight jeans and oversized jumper that went down to mid-thigh. "I'm looking for Happy."

Blue eyes finally met my own. "One night stand gone wrong?"

"I just came to let him know that I'm pregnant, okay?" I deadpanned. "And my daddy says he's going to call the sheriff for having sex with a sixteen year old, I thought I should warn him."

His face dropped at my brutal honesty and he looked at me with wide eyes before he looked back at the clubhouse, sputtering like a fish.

When he finally met my face, I couldn't hold the charade up any longer and I grinned. "Just kidding. I'm Jasmine."

"You almost gave me a fucking heart attack." He groaned when he ran his hand over his face, then held his palm out towards me to shake my hand. "Kozik."

"Nice to meet you, Koz." I dropped my hands back to my sides and tilted my head towards the door that would lead me into the clubhouse. "Hap in there?"

His smile was beautiful. The kind of smile that would leave most girls swooning, with that boy-next-door mixed with the bad-boy thing that he had going on. But he was nothing compared to the man who'd haunted my dreams and thoughts since the first night that I'd met him. "Yep. You want me to go and get him?"

The question was straightforward, but I head the underlying one: Was I too scared to go into the clubhouse?

A mixture of my height, thin frame and soft voice always had people second guessing the size of my confidence and what I'd been willing to do, so I never took offence. And admittedly, the clubhouse was slightly intimidating with all of the motorcycles parked out the front and the dark decor, but I felt the need to prove myself. I felt the need to show Happy that I didn't need him to rescue me all the time, that I could do things that put me outside of my comfort zone by myself. "Is there whiskey in there?"