SWEARS JAR

Twenty-One:

Twenty-One:

"Hey, little girl." Happy greeted me as soon as I walked into the kitchen, eyes smiling warmly at the sight of me in nothing but my underwear and his shirt that hung down to my knees.

I knew that I looked a mess with my hair in a bun that I'd quickly shoved on the top of my head, but he looked at me like I was the most gorgeous thing he'd ever seen, and it brought a blush to my cheeks.

He'd moved back into the house almost a full month before and everything was running smoothly. Too smoothly. It unnerved me to know that everything was going so good that I was waiting for the world to come and ruin things.

I kissed Harry on the head on my way past and then kissed Happy. "Morning, baby."

"Daddy finks we stay up past bedtime."

My eyes found Harry who was sitting giving me a cheesy smile, the same kind of smile that he offered whenever he wanted something. "Oh, daddy does, does he?"

His smile only widened and I shook my head. "Fine, movie night it is. I'll call Jax and see if he wants to bring Thomas and Abel around for a while, too."

Harry squealed in excitement and clapped his hands together like I'd just announced we were going on a trip to Disneyland.

Maybe we should take him to Disneyland.

Happy didn't even have for me to open my mouth before he shook his head. "I'm not wearing fucking mouse ears."

It unnerved me that he knew exactly what I was thinking, something completely out of the ordinary that he wouldn't have just been able to pick up from the look on my face. "It's like you can read my mind."

I kept my back turned to him while I made coffee, silently picturing the night before when he'd had me pressed up against the wall and had made me orgasm so hard that he'd had to clamp his hand around my mouth to muffle the scream.

"You mouthed it when you thought it." He muttered when he pressed a hard kiss to the side of my neck, joining me in making the caffeine. "But I know that you're thinking about last night and that if I put my fingers between your thighs, you would be so fucking wet it would drip down my hand. Your thighs clenched together, I bet when you thought of how hard it was not to moan."

Happy teasingly trailed a hand over my nipple and pinched the bud, let out a grunt at my hitched breathing, then returned to the table and our son with a smug smile on his face.

When I'd gathered myself to stop acting like a hormonal teenager, I spun around and looked at the empty spot in front of him at the table. "What do you want for breakfast?"

He shook his head and finished the last of his coffee before he pushed to his feet. "Don't have time, Free Bird. Gotta get to the clubhouse, we're going to finish the shit with the tattoo shop today."

It had been so long before that I'd seen the news program that said that the Sons were looking into opening a parlour in town that I'd completely forgotten it. "What's the go with that?"

"We're legit now." He explained casually with a shrug. "We need to keep buying businesses to make money since we don't have intake from the dru-"

Happy side-eyed our son. "Droids anymore."

"Drois?" He'd piked Harry's interest, Star Wars his new flavour of the month.

I laughed into my cup and waited for Happy's reply.

He kissed his forehead softly, ruffled his hair, and then pulled his Kutte from the chair that it was folded over. "Exactly like Star Wars, buddy. We don't have them anymore, so we're buying an ink shop, instead."

Harry frowned. "Bad."

"You're telling me, kid. Try knowing that you're going to be working in it." Happy laughed dryly, then caught my stunned expression and frowned. "What?"

"You're going to work the tattoo shop?" I blinked.

Happy's frown didn't loosen. "I'm the only fucker who knows how to tattoo in the club, I've got to train the idiots that we hire."

"Swears jar, daddy."

After he'd spent so much time at the clubhouse and around the members, Harry had picked up a few choice words that I hadn't agreed with so we'd implemented a swear jar, and he took it very seriously. Whenever Happy or I slipped up, he would watch us to make sure we put a dollar bill in the jar that got emptied at the end of every week to go on a family day to the lolly shop.

So far, Happy had contributed more times than Harry or I a hundred times over, which didn't seem to mean anything since we had to provide the funding for Harry to contribute to the jar to begin with.

"Sorry, buddy." Happy kissed the top of his head again and dropped two bills in the jar before he wrapped his arm around my waist and bruised my lips with a passionate kiss. "I've got to go. I love you."

"Love you, too." I smiled against his mouth and returned the pressure.

I couldn't explain the feeling in my stomach as I watched him mount his bike and start the engine. I just knew that something was going to go wrong.

———

"Do you want stir-fry or chicken with mash and veg for lunch?" I called out to Harry who was sitting in the loungeroom playing with his Lego.

He didn't even bother to look up or think about it, mind already made up. "Chick, mama."

I over at the beautiful little soul who had flourished under the new circumstances of having his father and adopted uncles in his life, thankful for the way that they'd made him happier than he had ever been, then began boiling the potatoes so that I could mash them.

My ringtone cut into Spotify playing Bon Iver on my phone and I glanced at it before I swiped to answer, smile on my face at the name on my screen, holding it between my shoulder and my face so I could flip the chicken. "Mr. President, I was just about to ring and ask if you wanted to bring the boys over for a movie night ton-"

"Jas..." Jax cut me off and paused. "Hap's been arrested."