SMALL WORLD

Twelve:

Twelve:

"Prospect, a beer for myself and two shots of whiskey for babydoll."

It was the second Friday night in a row that I'd found myself at the clubhouse for the party, but this one was already bigger than the first. The Sons of Anarchy members who'd been out on a run were coming home, so the clubhouse had been cleaned spotless only for drinks to be spilled and cigarettes to litter the ashtrays on the tables.

The prospect got us our drinks and watched as I downed them, shook his head and handed me the bottle before he went to the other side of the bar to help the other members with their orders.

"Ah, men of the hour are here." Tig clapped me on the back and nodded his head towards the door.

I felt my heart skip a beat when I looked at the familiar face. It took me two seconds to process what I was seeing, then I was off the stool and unable to control myself.

"Koz!" I screamed when I saw him and launched myself across the room, not stopping to apologise to the toes that I stepped on in my rush to greet my old friend.

"Jasmine?!" Koz exclaimed in amazement when he saw me, and caught me when I jumped into his arms to wrap my legs around his waist. "Free Bird! What the fuck are you doing here?!"

"Me?" I squealed when I pulled back and cupped his face, still being held up by the man who'd become my friend years and years before. "What the fuck are you doing here? What happened to Tacoma?"

His blonde hair swung in his face when he shook his head, but the smile hadn't disappeared from his beautiful cheeks, and I had to fight my urge to kiss him out of the elation I was feeling from seeing him again. "I patched into Charming. Why are you here? How did this happen?"

When he settled me back onto my feet, I dragged him over to the couches that were sitting against the wall and dropped into one, then pulled him down next to me. I couldn't stop myself from gripping his arm to make sure that he was really there and I wasn't hallucinating. "I moved to Charming a few weeks ago and got a job in the office."

"Small world." He chuckled and ran his hand over my cheek. "I can't believe you're here. I haven't seen you in so fucking long, how's everything been?"

If I hadn't been in such a great mood, I probably would have confided that I was sorry for leaving him behind and not getting in contact for such a long time. "Everything's great! What about you, why'd you decide to change chapters?"

"Change of scenery does the heart good." He winked at me before he glanced around the room and then focused on me. "Jas, do you know ... do you know about Happy?"

Hearing his name spoken out loud after keeping it to myself felt like a punch in the stomach, but it was the tone he'd used and the expression in his eyes that left me wanting to cry. Something had happened to the man that I'd loved, something had gone really wrong.