FRIDAY NIGHTS

Eleven:

Eleven:

"I forgot how big Friday nights could get." I smiled at Tig when he handed me another beer. I'd made sure to stay sober enough to drive, but had enough to drink that I was letting my guard down.

"Haven't partied in a while, babydoll?" He gave me a drunk grin and took a shot before he chased it with his own beer.

I looked around at the multitude of Sons, scattered around the room between watching television, playing pool, drinking at the bar and taking use of the Crow Eater's willingness. "I haven't partied in three years."

Tig's blue eyes regarded me with disgust before he shook his head and swept his arm out across the room, gesturing to the chaos going on around us. "Welcome to Samcro, babydoll. Being part of this family means you'll be living it up every Friday."

I chuckled and paid attention to Chibs, who was fucking one of the Crow Eaters up against the wall and smirked. Even though it would have been off putting to most civilians, it reminded me of my time spent in the Tacoma clubhouse. Even though I'd been trying to escape Happy's ghost, it had overwhelmed the part of my brain that wanted to push him out, so I'd been focusing on our good memories rather than the heartbreak that had ensued.

"Wait until next Friday." Tig brought me out of my thoughts by elbowing me in the ribs. "We've got a few members on a run, it's always a big party when they come home."

"I bet." I mumbled dryly, remembering how big the parties got when one of their brothers came back from time spent on the road. Happy and I had spent countless nights celebrating their return, mostly because he was usually the one who was sent out on a run, drinking shots and sharing cigarettes in the safety of the clubhouse and each other's arms.

Jax joined us at the bar and threw his arm over my shoulders, smiling sweetly. He was so good looking that I wondered why he didn't have an Old Lady hanging around, making sure that the Crow Eaters couldn't get to him, but I didn't ask him. Instead I looked at the clock, noted the time, and then looked back at the President. "I've got to get going, do you want a lift home?"

His eyes sparkled. "Going to see your man, darlin'?"

"Yup." I agreed. "Do you want a lift home, or are you going to stay here tonight?"

Jax looked around the room at his drunken brothers, tossing up whether to stay at the clubhouse or go home to his family, then shrugged his shoulders. "I'll get a lift if I can."

"Of course."

I kissed Tig on the cheek and then Chibs, who'd finished with the blonde against the wall and had joined us when he saw me reach for the handbag that had been sitting on the bar. "You off, lass?"

"Yeah, gotta get home." I squeezed his hand and began walking to the door, Jax still wrapped around my shoulders.

He stumbled slightly, but I managed to get him into my passenger's seat without any scuffs, and I strapped him in to make sure that he wasn't going to face plant into the dashboard.

Jax gave me his address and fiddled with the radio stations until he found something worth listening to, then stared at the side of my face so closely that I could feel him. "What?"

"Why do you not judge us?" He questioned. His tone wasn't suspicious, but there was a curiosity in it that was undeniable. "You're the most understanding civilian I've ever met, you only met us yesterday and you just fit in."

His words warmed me, and I was surprised that Kip hadn't mentioned what I'd told him. Part of me wanted to keep it quiet so he didn't ask me a million questions, but Jax made me feel secure in a brotherly kind of way despite our limited time knowing each other, and I spilled my guts. "I hung around the clubhouse in Tacoma a lot when I was growing up."

"You were a Crow Eater?" He asked.

I laughed loudly when I turned into his street. "No, I was friends with some of the members and spent a lot of time in the clubhouse. Never a Crow Eater."

"Didn't think you would be." He murmured when I stopped in his driveway. "You're too good for that. Old Lady material."

My stomach clenched at the words and I fought away the welling in my eyes, refusing to cry over the memory of what could have been. "Thanks, Jax. Where's your Old Lady?"

He was having trouble getting his seatbelt off, so I reached over and pressed the button for him. "Don't have one."

There was a silent anymore that followed the sentence, but he hadn't pried any further into my personal life so I gave him the same respect and didn't pry into his. "Do you want me to swing by tomorrow and take you back to the club to get your bike?"

Jax put his head through the open window and leant heavily on the rental car's door to keep himself upright and steady. "The garage is closed tomorrow, it's your day off."

"Doesn't mean I can't come and get you." I smiled at him. "That's what family does for each other, right?"

He looked at me for a long moment, took every inch of my face in, then returned my smile. "Darlin', you are too good for this fuckin' life."

"So are you." I reached over and patted his cheek. "But it's where we've found ourselves. Do you want the lift, or not?"

"Nah, darlin'. I'll get the prospect to come and get me. Enjoy your day off with your man." He looked into my backseat and I knew exactly what he was staring at. "You want to explain that?"

"Not tonight." I shook my head.

Jax Teller was the most easy going bastard I'd ever met and didn't comment. With a final smirk, Jax swaggered inside of his house and to his waiting sons.