The gang

In Tulsa we moved into this small house the neighborhood looked kind of bad but it was good to me.

     As we were unloading our stuff from our car. I overheard a group of talking.

"Are those our new neighbors" asked the young one.

     "I dont know lets go find out" replied the older looking one.

  Then the three guys came to us, "Can I help you" asked mom as she grabbed a box from the car.

        "Let me" replied the older one as he took the box from my mothers hands. Then they started helping us unload the stuff.

         When we were done my mom said "Thank you again for your help uhh..."

     "Oh I'm Darry and these are my two younger brothers Sodapop and Ponyboy" replied the older one.

       "Well I'm Rosa Morales and these are my two kids Juan and Miguel" said mom.

   "Nice to meet yall" they said to us.

After we shook hands they invited me over to their house to play football. " Can he come" asked Sodapop with a very  convincing smile, so it was hard for mom to say no.

      "Just dont be out long" she replied.

"I wont" I replied as we made our way to their house.

       "So where are you from" asked Ponyboy.  

     "From Cyprus, California" I replied. "What brings you here" asked Soda

     "My family and I move around a lot." I said. "Is your dad around" asked Darry, "No just us."

By that time we already at their house."How about you all who lives here" I asked.

     "Just us" replied Darry. "No parents??" I asked.

    "They died in a car crash a few years back" said Pony. "Sorry to hear that. Anyway its a nice place you guys got here" i said trying to change the subject.

Then three other guys came in to their house. There was a mean looking one, a funny looking one, and a sensitive one.

  "Hey guys"said the funny looking one. "Oh hey guys this is our new neighbor, Juan" said Soda.

      "But you can all call me Jesse" I said, "Hi Jesse" they said.

       "Well Jesse this is Keith Mathews but you can call him Two-bit, hes the funny one. This is Steve Randle, my best friend and co-worker. " said Soda as he introduced the funny looking one and mean looking one.

      "And this is Johnny Cade our little brother" said Pony as he introduce the sensitive one.

    "Wait I thought you were the youngest one" I said. "Not anymore you're in our group now and how old are you 13, 14 ?" Replied Pony. "I'm about to turn 14" I replied.

"Anyway he's like our little brother because he needs the most protection from us" interrupted Darry.

     Then we went to the kitchen and they told me a few rules. "So theres a few things you need to know about this place. First, if you go anywhere that is not here never go alone, if you do carry a blade"said Steve.

        "Why" i asked. "You might get jumped by our rivals the socs" replied Soda.  "Not just jumped you will probably get beaten half to death like our little Johnny here" he continued.

       Then Jesse noticed some scars on his face. " You scared"asked Two-bit, "No, I've been beaten before. Millions of times, I can take it" I replied.

            "Yeah, you can rumble?" Asked Two- bit. "Well I never lose" I replied,

"I like this kid already"he said.

Then we went to go play football outside, that's where i met the last member of their gang. And just by looking at him you could tell he was the crazy rebellious one.

          "Hey Dallas, this is Juan aka Jesse, Jesse this is Dallas, the hood of the gang. He just got out of juvie. " said Soda

       "Another kid to the gang, huh. Can he atleast rumble" asked Dallas as he took a hit of his cigarette and inspected Jesse.

    "We will see. Now lets play some football" said Darry