Chapter 12...

Jesse's POV :
When we got home, Mike and I ate, did our homework, and prayed. Mom wasn't home yet.
Just then we heard a knock on the door. I opened it,
"Is my daughter here?" Asked a drunk Mr. Douglas.
"No, she isn't here. Is she missing or something?" I asked getting kind of worried,
"Listen you, stay away from her" he replied,
"Unless you want a visit from unwanted guests. Ok cause I know your little secret here ok. Do you hear me!!!!" He yelled.
What does he know?,
"I know your mom isn't legal here so watch it"
Oh thank God, wait what?!?!
      I'm relieved, but kind of mad, is he threatening my mother???
"Listen here, Mr. Douglas, my family and I are legal, so calm down, gringo. Also, with all due respect, but that's for your daughter to decide, not yours, I know your just trying to protect her. So am I, and I'm not staying away from her no matter what you say" I said, trying to be calm and not rip his throat out.
"I'm only telling you this once, stay away from her or else..."
Just then my mother pulled up to the driveway.

"What's going on ?" She asked as she got out of the car,
"I'm just telling your son to stay away from my daughter" replied Mr. Douglas.
   Both my mother and him were looking at each other suspiciously.
"And I'm telling him that's not going to happen
      "Your daughter is a very smart girl, she knows what's good for her and what isn't. She knows what she wants and what she doesn't. And you know I feel bad for you because pretty soon she's going to leave you and become someone important in life while you sit in your house and drink your life away" I said to him the stuff I always wanted to say to my father, but I never had the balls to.
        After I said that I saw Kate walking by, she was looking our direction and frowning. She knew her father was provoking something that we'll all regret later.
      As I looked at her, her father swung at me. Since he was drunk, and the new reflexes I have, I dodged right on time.
      He swung again and so I had to grabbed his arm.
    "Dad, what are you doing!!!!???!?" Yelled Kate as she ran towards us
    "Kate what are you doing here I told you not to come!!!" Replied Mr. Douglas after I released his arm and we all looked at her.
    "Juan, I'm sorry he's just drunk right now he doesn't know-"
    "You don't have to apologize to them Kate. Hurry up get in the truck we're going home" said Mr. Douglas as he got in his truck.
     "Yeah hold on, give me a minute" replied Kate.
     "Don't worry about it, he's just being a dad" I replied, even though I was mad, I still really liked Kate. I wanted everything to work out with her. I'm probably just experiencing the'first love' phaze.
     Then Mr. Douglas honked his truck horn, she got in, and they were gone.

"Are you ok, son?" Asked my mother,
"Are you mom" I replied, she smiled.
Then we made our way inside our trailer,
"So Douglas, huh?" She asked.
"You should be careful with them" she continued,
"Why?" Don't tell me they're what I think they are.
"Her dad was a hunter"
  Oh, great another thing to worry about,
This is going to be interesting...