The day before the twist...

As Ms.M started teaching again she noticed no one was listening. So then she got the globe on her desk and said "Can anyone tell whats wrong with this globe"

"You just broke it" said one of the blonde girls sitting up front.

"Yeah, well..." Ms.M didnt even finish her sentence before she started playing soccer with the globe.

She played for a while and everyone looked shocked to see her play so good.

"Where'd you learn that" asked the blonde kid in front of me.

"Prison" she replied.

Everyone gasped, even I was shocked.

"Joking, no actually my old school in England" she continued.

"I just had an idea, everyone follow me" Ms.M said before she left the room.

I'll admit I was interested in what she was doing. So I got up and followed her, shortly after everyone else did the same.

In the gym, we saw her digging through a closet then, Ms.M pulled out an old kick ball.

"Here we go... it's a football" she said in her accent. I understood what she meant but the others didn't.

"Excuse me, mam. I think your mistaking this for a football" said Larry.

"Yeah a football is a more lemon shaped" said one of the twins they had in the class.

Ms.M was confused at first, then she realized what she called football they called soccer.

After she cleared that up, we went outside to play. I knew that if I stayed I would get attached to these guys and before I knew I would move again. So I went home.

Later on that day, the sheriff passed by our house. He knocked on our door.

"Hello Ms.Morales."he said as my mom answered the door.

"My son didn't do anything" she replied.

"No I know." Said the sheriff." "Actually, first off I would like to welcome y'all to Elma. My name is Tom Palmer the sheriff of this here place" he said in his country accent.

"Second, I would like your son to join our schools soccer team, it'll be fun" he said.

"No, Juan can't join I'm sorry" she replied as she shut the door.

"No but-" said Tom.

Then he got into his car and left. I looked out the window and watched him leave.

"But why can't I play" I asked as I sat on the couch next to my soccer ball.

"I already told you" my mom replied.

"But if I don't play I won't make any friends" I said.

"I'm you friend" she replied,

"Your my mother" I said. "I'm done talking about this, let's eat!"she said in a serious tone.

"I'm not hungry"I replied as I stormed out of the house.