Chapter 13...

"Really" I asked disappointed, my mother nodded.
"Do you think she knows about us",
"Probably, have you her or told her anything" she asked.
"I don't think so" ,
"Well just be careful if you are with her, I do trust that you know what your doing" she said in a tone I've never heard her use before. She was so serious when she said that.
I nodded, hopefully nothing bad happens if things do work out with her.

   The next day, while I was finishing up eating breakfast, there was a knock on the door.
"Hello Ms. Morales, I came to see Juan" said a familiar voice. Kate.
"Oh, um-" before my mother I asked "Kate? What are you doing here?"
"Well, you walk me home so I figured, you know since I past your house when I'm headed to school. That I could walk you in the mornings." She said.
"Oh" said my mother with a sound of concerned,
"Come on Juan, we gotta go" said Mike.
"Okay, I guess we're going... bye mom" I said giving her a kiss and heading out the back door.
"Bye, mommy" said Mike,
"Bye Ms. Morales," said Kate.
"Bye, kids have fun and be careful" she replied looking at me.
I could hear her heart beating a bit faster.

The first 4 minutes of the walk were quiet, Mike was walking ahead of us when we got to school.
"I kind of wanted to talk to you" Kate finally spoke up.
"About yesterday you know, about my dad. He was being a jerk and he was drunk he didn't-"
"It's okay, I get it" I replied,
"You do?" She asked.
"Yeah, I had a drunk dad ,too remember, that didn't scare me or Mike." I replied looking at her.
"So we're ok?"
"Yeah, we're good" I replied then we kept walking.
"So... what are we at this point?" She asked suddenly. I stopped,
"What do you mean? I thought we established that already, aren't I your boyfriend" I replied,
"That was yesterday before anything bad happened. I don't know if you noticed, but my dad, he doesn't like you. He could kill you"
   Don't remind me,
"If I were worried would I do this" I replied before I kissed her in the lips.

That happened for a while, then a police siren went off, Kate and I jumped and stopped.
"No PDA on school property" said Sheriff Tom on the mocrphone.
As he got off his car, Kate said "Way to kill the moment sheriff"
"Just doin' my job" he replied smiling
I don't trust cops, I've been involved with them a few times in the past. Once was when I was little and they tried to take custody of me, the other was in Oklahoma, with my old pals.
"Hey, midget, you okay?" He asked,
I hated cops, "I'm fine..." I said as I stared at him.
"Anyway, I got to get to class" I said as Mike and I walked to class.

Kate's POV :
   I watched Juan as he was leaving, I can't believe he just kissed me. I can't believe I got my first kiss from him.
   "There's something strange about that kid" said Sheriff Tom as he interrupted my thoughts.
    "Really, how?" I asked, now curious to know.
     "I don't know just be careful, I don't want you or anyone alse in this town getting hurt, especially by him" he replied, I know he knows something about Juan, he's just not telling me.
     "And make sure nothing goes down again" he continued,
     "What do you mean" I asked trying to sound innocent,oh man,doeshe know.
    "I passed by the Morales' yesterday afternoon and-"
    "I know"
    "Well just make sure nothing like that happens again, okay?"
    "Alright..."