Chapter 17

"So how's your Mom" Johnny asked after we stopped laughing.
    "Oh she's great and Mike too" I was going to ask him about his parents too but he hates them and they hate him too. So I changed the subject.
     "I almost forgot to tell you, my soccer team got to the championship. We play the knights in in 2 weeks." I said,
    "That's great and hey maybe we can even come this time, you know the guys and I, to support you." Johnny replied.
    "That'd be great especially you and Pony, so y'all both can meet Kate"
    "Yeah and we can do something afterwards"
     "Y'all have to bring dates though" I said. Johnny laughed, he had a problem with talking to new people. Especially girls, Johnny was really shy.

After talking, Johnny and I watched the movie for a while. Pony and Cherry came back with the drinks and popcorn.       Then when the movie finished we realized the girls didn't have a ride. So we offered to take them home in Two-bit's car. We walked back to our neighborhood.
   On the way there, Pony was complaining about Darry to Cherry.
"He ain't like Soda and he sure isn't like me. He hates me"
     "Hey man that's not true and you know it" said Two- bit as he stopped his conversation with Marcia to tell him that.
Then I stepped in. "Hey, look Darry is just looking out for you. Just like I do for Mike".
      As I was saying that, a blue mustang drove by. When we saw it, we tried to look normal. Unfortunately, though, they saw us.

Two guys got off. One of them was the guy that was arguing with Cherry at the drive-in.
    Cherry talked to them and as she talked I looked at Johnny.
He looked scared.
    "Hey, don't worry they're just talking" I said to him.
    "So really your just going to dump us like that and for these losers!" Cherry's boyfriend started yelling by then.
"I said I wasn't going out with you if you were going to drink and I meant it!" She was yelling too.
      "Come on Cherry for these white trash and this beaner!" He yelled back.
   "Hey, I suggest you stop talking like that unless you want to start something we'll finish!" Yelled Two-bit.
      "Excuse me?!" Said his friend as he went up to Two-bit.
     Then I stepped in, before he could even touch Two-bit I pushed him and yelled "Back off!"