Chapter 6

"What is this a joke!" I yelled before getting up.

         "No, I'm not son it isn't. And your not the only one, I'm one and your father was, too" she replied.

    "Your lying"

    "You don't believe me, look outside, look at the tree. Look at this article, it says you killed a goat. And that was before I stopped you from doing anything else" she said as I took the newspaper in my hands and read the article.

     There was a picture of a dead animal on it. Then I ran outside to see the tree and I couldn't believe my eyes.

   I stood there, just thinking for what seemed like hours. Then my mom came and got me.

      "Come, let's go, you and Mike are going to be late" she said gently.

      The car ride to school was silent at first.

       "I know it's a lot to take in" my mom said breaking the silence.

       "You don't have to go to school if you don't want to" she continued,

       "I want to go" I replied.

Then I turned on the radio to listen to music. Music was always the escape I had from the world.

      "I'll take Mike to his class... and thanks" I said as Mike and I got out of the car.

      I took Mike by the hand and walked him to class.

     "Hey Juan" said Ms. Montgomery as we walked in the building.

      "Hi, Ms. M" I said,

       "Is this your little brother?" She asked.

      "Yeah his name is Miguel, it's spanish for Mike." I replied,

      "Hi" she said to him as we arrived to his class.

     "Hi " he replied, "Bye, Mike and behave" I said to him as he left.

    "Bye, Juan, bye teacher" he said in a cute voice.

    "Bye, Mike. He's so cute." She said to me.

     "Anyway, I'm glad I caught you before class. I was going to ask if you could join our soccer team?" She said to me.

      "If it were to me, I would definitely play" I replied,

       "Then why don't you" she asked.

        "Family problems, we're going through a lot right now. Especially without my dad and me going through changes and stuff. It's too much to handle" I replied.

      "Would you like to talk about it? Maybe I could help" she said,

      "No!..." I screamed, scarring her, "no but thanks" I continued more calm.

    "Well if you ever need someone to talk to or a bail out of jail." She said as she wrote something down on a small piece of paper.

      "I'm here for you" she said as she.handed it to me. It was her phone number.

     "Thanks" I replied before we walked in the class.

There's a picture of Jesse, Ms.Montgomery, Larry,Jeffrey and the Sheriff on the side.