Chapter 7

It was a long day for me that day, I tried so hard to focus on my school work. But with everything that I was going through, it was hard to focus. Not only that but I felt like something was going to happen something important.

Rosa's POV :
        After I dropped off Juan and Mike I headed to work. A few hours after I got there, I began to feel bad.
       It wasn't the first time I've felt bad since we got to Elma. But the stuff I felt was getting worse. So I decided to go home.
      On my way home I stopped by the drug store to get a pregnancy test, I bought 3 just to be sure.
     When I got home, I tried the first one out. It came out positve,
      "Okay, that's not a big deal" I said to myself.
     Then I tried the other two, and they came out... positive.
    'I'm not pregnant... I'm very pregnant' I thought to myself as I sat down on a chair, in shock.

Jesse's POV :
     After school, I picked up Mike from his class. I noticed my mom wasn't there to pick us up, so Mike and I walked. As we walked I noticed my class leaving to Austin, Texas for a soccer game.
     'It was only yesterday that they found out what soccer was, now they're about to play a game' I thought to myself.
      Then I felt a pair of eyes staring at me, it was Kate looking back at me. I stared at her back . I watched as they drove off and disappeared in the distance.
        5 munutes later, we got home. When we entered our house, Mike and I found our mom sitting in a chair, staring into something.
      "Hey mom" I said giving her a hug and a kiss. I noticed that she hid the stuff she was holding.
     "Hey honey" she replied,
      "Hey mommy" said Mike as he hugged her.
       "Hey baby" she replied, "so how was school?"she asked.
       "Fine, it was kind of hard trying to keep my mind off of things." I replied.
       "Mommy, look at what I made for you" said Mike as he handed her a drawing.
      "Aww, thank you sweatheart, go hang it on the fridge"she replied. Mike did as he was told.
      "Mom, I need to talk to you about this whole thing." I said to her.
     "Okay, ask anything" she replied.
     "First, how did this all start",
     "We don't know, we were all just born into it."
       "Well are there others?",
       "Yes, there's others, a lot actually. We have packs, the only way to survive is if your in a pack".
        "What happends if your not in a pack?",
        "You get killed, by hunters that know about us and about what we do."
       "Wait, hunters?",
         "They've been hunting us for centuries. When we can't controll ourselves, we kill without wanting. That's where they come in"
          "How do we control ourselves?"
          "Well on full moons, keep yourself angry. Think about what makes you angry and keep it that way, don't worry.I'll train you myself, I'll teach you everything I can. And when the time comes you'll teach Mike... and anyone else who comes along..."  what does she mean by that.
         "Mommy, I put it up" said Mike.
         "Actually, now I need to talk to you both." She said as she sat Mike on her lap and I took a chair and sat down next to her.
        "Ok" I said, not knowing what to expect.
         "Ok... boys... I'm pregnant" she said.