Chapter 8

Sidharth opens his eyes to darkness. It takes him a minute to register where he is. He remembers now, he is in the abandoned house. He was shot at and had bumped his head on a boulder when he had fallen down. He checks his chest. He is saved by the bullet proof vest underneath his shirt. 

"So you are alive? You came prepared.", a voice in the darkness says.
"Who are you?", Sidharth asks as he tries to look for his gun.
"Your gun is with me. No use searching for it. I have the power. You can't catch me. But you will die for sure. The next bullet will pierce your head.", he says.
"I don't need a gun to catch you. And you know that quite well.",Sidharth says.

With a flash, he jumps at him grabbing the gun and both fall on the hard floor. Two bullets are fired which misses him by an inch. Two struggle to get the control of the gun. Sidharth could see him now as his face is a few inches apart from him. Thick eyebrows, curly hair, a deep cut running across his eyes and a face covered in beard. Sidharth lands a punch on the face. His nose breaks but he still does not leave the gun.

The man kicks him in his abdomen in the attempt to release himself from Sidharth's hold. Sidharth punches him again. The man has his finger at the trigger and he tries  to fire again aiming at Sidharth's throat. Sidharth puts pressure on his hand, bending it so that the nozzle of the gun points at the man. Sidharth hits him again and pulls the trigger. The bullet hits the man and he leaves the gun, clutching his shoulder in pain.

Sidharth gets up and grabs the gun and aims at him.
"Sir! Sir! Aap thik hain?", Sidharth hears. 
He turns his face to a few flash lights. Ranne and Gaikward along with a few constables arrive.
"Take him to a hospital. And check Ratnakar. He was unconscious.", Sidharth says.

"Apply cold compression on the chest and your head. Take the medicines on time. You are lucky that the bullet didn't hit anywhere near the lungs.", the doctor says. 
Sidharth wears his shirt and nods his head.
"Doctor how is he?", he asks
"They have extracted the bullet. He is unconscious."

Sidharth comes out of the doctor's room and Bhonsale asks,"Sir, Are you alright?"
Sidharth nods his head,"Keep a tight security here. The moment he gains his consciousness, give me a call."

Sidharth returns home to find two anxious faces. 
He smiles,"See I am alive. So don't start any rona dhona scenes here."
Rita ji wipes the corners of her eyes, "No one is crying here. Why should we? Sana tells him to rest now. Meri toh sunta nahi, tu bol."
Sidharth goes and wraps his arms around her. She does not say anything but rubs her hand at his back.
She breaks the embrace,"Bas kar ab. Jaa so ja. Sana you too come and rest. You must be tired from the journey."

As soon as Sidharth enters his room, Sana rushes into his arms and sobs softly,"Tum kab ayi?",he asks.
"I knew something bad was going to happen. I saw you getting a bullet. When I heard, you were shot, I took the first flight here."
"Yes. You saw me getting shot and I was prepared for it. I had my bullet proof vest. See nothing happened."
"But why did you go alone there? Agar goli kahin aur lag jati?"
"Then my dead body would have arrived now.", he says with a smile.

Sana stares at him and hits him on the chest,"Stop saying such things. Gande ho tum.."
"Ahh.. Sana dard hai. Ahiste..", he says.
Sana leaves her immediately and backs off, "Tumne toh kaha tha tumhe kuch nahi hua phir, chot kaise lagi?"
Sidharth says,"I was wearing a bullet proof vest, so the bullet didn't penetrate into my body. But the impact of the bullet does cause some contusion."
"Contusion?", she asks.
"Bruises. Samjhi.", he says as he sits down on the bed.

Sana sits beside him, "Haye kide pade uss kothe par. Bruises? Show me."
She starts unbuttoning the shirt and he tries to stop her,"What are you doing? Koi aa jayega..Baby.."
Sana looks at his face, "Yeh mere dialogue hona chahiye tha. But meri kismet mein unromantic police wala jo hai. Now shut up and show me."
Sidharth starts to laugh and Sana finds a blotch of red swelling on his chest. She softly touches it,"Is it really painful?"
Sidharth winces a little,"This is nothing. I have had my share of wounds when I was in ATS."